Thread: Has anyone ever modified thier 5er garage?

jackpunx
    Hi,
    I have a 40' cyclone 3 pop outs.. absolutely love it.. BUT.. I have a 12' garage.. I got my sandrail becuase it fits in it.. but Its time for a new car.. So
    Im thinking of welding a frame to the metal frame that my ramp/door is mounted to. I want to add either 2 or 3' of lenth to the garage and re mount my door to it.. the whole frame will be extended Im going to frame it every 12" then inselate it and seal it with either siding or sheet metel.when its done it will look right .. My buddy who is a welder said it would be no problem structuraly (sp?) and my buddy who ownes Prowlers here in Santa Clarta said he's seen one..
    The metal should only add about 200lbs tops of material, the 5er is rated to hold 2500lbs in the garage area.. so I should total out at about 2200lbs with the new car and material..
    anyone have any ideas, seen this done or am I crazy?
    I just really need to think this through and Im hoping you guys can throw in some ideas...
    I dont want to buy another trailer..
    I was thinking of towing doubles.. I have a CDL.. but Im already at 56'.. the law only allows you to go 65' total.
    thanks in advance
    Mark

Racer277
    Hey JP,
    I have a buddy with a prowler's and a triple axle trailer also (the guys there should know him, he has the Buick v8 car). He already has alot of wear on the rear tires from loading his car, and he backs it in.
    If you haven't noticed any extra wear now, maybe no big deal. His rear axle wear is significant. Of course, his is a Warrior 5er, so take it fwiw...
    If it works, it would sure be easier than the alternatives...

whiteworks
    Put the bong down, no seriously put the bong down

BLOWN HOWARD
    That sounds crzy but i am sure it can be done. Talk to Ramon down and R&S trailers in Riverside. If anybody has done one and has some advice he would be the one to talk to.