Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Commander Boats out of business?

cxr133
    My buddy got a call this last sunday and was told that he had 2 days to pick up his boat from there because the bank was seizing the property.
    when is the auction???:devil:

Two K's
    maybe the molds will end up on boat mold trader or something like that. I hope someone buys them and turns them into a better built boat.Too bad they didn't sell the company before this happened.

cc322
    I have allways thought that some of there molds were very nice, hope they get put to good use.

Hardly Satisfied
    when is the auction???:devil:
    DON'T KNOW

Two K's
    If any body gets any info, let us know. Curious to know what happens to the molds

Havasu1986
    A e-mail from last week on another boating site.
    Contrary to what you have been hearing, we are not closing the shop toady or tomorrow.
    The following is taking place:
    1. We did lose the factory real estate to the bank. This was mainly due to the steps that we should have taken, but didn't. It was partly due to our own fault plus the misinformation that we had from the experts that we relied on. It is a long story and a BIG loss of equity for us. We would still see if we could do something about it.
    2. We have rented the next door facility. It has more acreage than we had in our facility. We have moved all the mold and a whole lot of our business property there. However, the place is limited in what we can do there.
    3. Steve, will continue to manage sales out of Corona, working in collaboration with Spa place proprietor, next to our previous showroom, off 91 FWY.
    4. We plan to use a shop in Lake Elsinore for mechanical work.
    5. Temporarily, we will do the fiberglass work at another location.
    Thus, we are trying to piece this puzzle together, as we hope to have a smoother operation soon.
    Please let us know if we can provide any more information to you.
    Sy Singhal

TCHB
    I wonder how many other Southern California Boat companies will be gone by the end of the year. With gas prices, housing market, and credit tighter it is a perfect storm for the boat industry.

Chip Lacy Racing Engines
    Commander isn't making much effort to get the word out of their status.
    "Oh,, ahhh, by the way,, errr,,, ahhhh, we've rented the place next door,, and our molds are in the mud & weeds for now,,, but errr,,, ahhh,,,, we'll figure something out,,,,,,, eventually, if I can't sell this operation, or what's left of it.."
    Some die-hard, loyal, Commander owners out there deserve better takes from Sy.
    Commander is the slowest dying boat builder of all time.

cc322
    I wonder how many other Southern California Boat companies will be gone by the end of the year. With gas prices, housing market, and credit tighter it is a perfect storm for the boat industry.
    I think you will see some of the smaller companys close the doors? The big guys that have have been around a while like Elim, Lavey, Howard, Hallet will be fine. I wonder in theses times if there will be a push for smaller more affordable boat maybe with smaller engines as well, say like a 21 with a 6.2 or something.

YldBoyz
    That suck, I did hear that they fold. I thought it was a rumor.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast