Thread: Recommendation for fiberglass work? Deck replacement?

Burn504
    1978 Kachina 21ft. Already removed rotted floor and foam. Stringers and transom are good. Just need a new deck put in. I would do it myself but i dont have the time. Im moving from TX to CA and i am looking for someone in So Cal area to drop my boat off and get a timely repair for a fair price.. gotta get back on the water.
    Any recommendations?
    glad the forums are back....

Todd at TRG. He'll do a great job and if he can't get to it, I bet he can give you some good ideas who can.

Burn504
    link to contact info?

Burn504

Let me give yo a little info...
    TRG Custom Fiberglass
    My name is Todd Griggs
    My # is 626-991-9031
    you can find me @ 4691 Arrow hwy unit B
    Montclair Ca
    If i am getting this right?...you need a floor replaced?
    Call me up and we can talk more about your project.
    Thanks
    Todd

Burn504
    thanks for a response. much appreciated.
    it all started like this.
    noticed a crack in one of my fiberglass gas tanks(original i assume). So I cut both tanks out.
    While i had the seats and tanks out i figured i would look into a soft spot in the floor. Pulled it up and noticed the foam was pretty wet. SO i pulled the floor and foam out.
    The stringers look good to me as does the transom so i was hoping i can just lay a new floor that is actually coated on both sides with some reinforcement so it doesnt happen again.
    Is it rare that the floor and foam is wet and the stringers are in good shape?
    I live in Dallas, TX right now and am moving back to San Diego this month. I am actually driving to San Diego to tow one of my cars this weekend and on the next trip i will tow the boat back. If i find someone reasonable to do the work i will drop it off.
    Look forward to any responses

howard25bullet
    Todd at TRG Fiberglass did all of the fiberglass work including floor, bulkhead and capping on my Sanger Picklefork and I'd highly recommend him. Send me an email at wgibb@aol.com if you want to know the details.
    Bill

2dasand
    I will second or third the Todd vote! He does awesome work, and is very talented. You will be happy, for sure!

Thanks guys!
    It's a boat!... anything is possible, i had a Rogers that sat for two weeks under water as my restoration began, i replaced most all of the wood product in the hull, but in some areas where you would think it needed to be treated, Perfect! i could not explain it, so i replaced it anyway! LOL
    Todd

DK_Hallet
    Todd does some excellent work.. I recomend him completly. Unless hes doin Yellow and Brown... Then he needs some good lighting and a couple of tries LOL .. Just Kiddin .. He honestly does the best work here in So Cal .And he learned the hard way.. by doing it all yourself ...