Thread: Will An Ext. Box Work On My Force Cat

simplyforce
    does anbody know first hand if putting an extension box on my 29 force cat would help me gain speed and plain out quicker? the boat has a single drive with a -2 lower some people told me by adding a box it would give me mor speed and you know everyone wants to go faster...:idea:

jackpunx
    does anbody know first hand if putting an extension box on my 29 force cat would help me gain speed and plain out quicker? the boat has a single drive with a -2 lower some people told me by adding a box it would give me mor speed and you know everyone wants to go faster...:idea:
    How much more speed?
    I bet its going to cost about 1K per MPH at this point.
    Just add power and a bigger prop.. You X is probably pretty high.. for top speed.. that is the trade off for getting on plane quick.
    but Im confused.. Every Force I have ever been in has Planed out extreemly fast.. fast enough to the point if I ever get a bigger boat that is not a salt boat.. It will probably be a force

simplyforce
    yeah im not sure what the deal is.... i blow the prop out if i get on the throttle to much to plain out quicker.

Big Clif
    yeah im not sure what the deal is.... i blow the prop out if i get on the throttle to much to plain out quicker.
    Does it have a cav plate? I got one for my boat from teague and it helped A LOT. I'm also running a ext box and 2 inch shorty lower.

sleek willy
    I have one on my 28' Sleekcraft. No noticeable speed increase. However, handling was much better. But my set-up is different than your's, or anyone else's.
    28' Sleekcraft enforcer, tunnel V. -2" IMCO XR drive
    At $2.000 I would add a blower, might help, or not. You won't regret it. Except for the money.
    -Dave