Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep giving it up

Blown 472
    Borrowed Some Money? You May Be With Al-Qaeda
    Another victim of Homeland Security financial snoops
    Paul Joseph Watson/Prison Planet.com | March 7 2006
    Last weekÂ’s story about a retired Texas school teacher who came under Homeland SecurityÂ’s microscope for paying off a $6,522 credit card debt has been trumped by a similar case involving an amount of just $650.
    Previously, Walter Soehnge made national headlines when he attempted to pay off debt on his MasterCard. The payment was rejected and automatically triggered an investigation by Homeland Security.
    Now we have the story of Edie Booth, a community college professor in East Texas.
    Trying to pay off her February credit card bill, Booth found her funds short and so asked to borrow $650 from her sister to avoid an interest overcharge of $140.
    Booth made a $3,500 payment from her own account and then sent the other $650 with permission from her sisterÂ’s electronic account.
    I watched the status of these two payments on line, since I am not the 'trusting' type, when it comes either to banks, credit card companies, OR government,” says Booth.
    “The $650 was pending one day and then showed funded the next. All seemed fine. However, I continued to check the status on-line for the next 5 days.
    “On the 6th day I found the extra $650 payment CANCELLED.”
    Upon calling the credit card company, Booth was told that Homeland Security would not allow her to make two payments from two different sources in the same day.
    Booth was then slapped with the $140 overcharge for causing the hard working boys at Homeland so much inconvenience.
    This is a monumental waste of time and if there were any real terrorists out there Homeland Security is more interested in your spending habits than Al-Qaeda.
    As Edie Booth points out, this is “such insanity, I mean, if you are paying your credit card, you have already obtained the explosives or whatever some time before."
    “Where is the leadership? When will we get some relief from these morons?”
    The very individuals that used 9/11 to force layer upon layer of increased state surveillance and big government bureaucracy upon us are the ones in business with Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda. And yet it is law-abiding citizens that get hassled for the simple desire to pay off some debt.
    Homeland Security targets toy store owners, t-shirt sellers and kindergartners while hiring former East German Stasi heads to spy on Americans and recruiting tattle-tale squads under ‘Highway Watch’ – a program that encourages truckers, toll takers, road crews and bus drivers to watch their fellow citizens and report suspicious activity.
    It seems painfully obvious that the people trying to take away our freedoms are not wearing turbans and shouting Allah Akbar, but that the enemy is within the gates.

Jeanyus
    I you believe 1 word of that, I suggest you pull your head out and take a couple of deep breaths, your brain is not getting enough oxygen.
    The same thing happened to me 2 times, the second time, I called the bank to find out why my account gets froze.
    Here is what they said, because of all the fraud, internet hacking and people breaking into others bank accounts, they will freeze my account to protect me from hackers. So anytime something out ot the ordinary happens to your bank account, the bank will stop payment IT'S THE BANKS POLICY, not homeland security.
    The ignorance of the people writeing this junk, and the idiots that read it and post it, is unbelievable.
    Blown your credibility is shot, everthing you post is pure fiction.
    Ok now I'm going outside to beat my head against a concrete wall, I can't take it any more.

If this is inconvenience these boys are gonna be busy. Gotta be millions more similar to this.....Steve

HighRoller
    Another good reason to cut up your credit cards if you ask me. No CC company will allow more than one payment in a day, so it's her own stupid fault for not reading the policies. Nice try by the anti-Bushies to blame her ignorance on the Homeland Security Department. Their desperation is reaching comedic proportions. I guess now they'll have to go back to rooting for the non-existent Civil War in Iraq to make Bush look bad.

Blown 472
    I you believe 1 word of that, I suggest you pull your head out and take a couple of deep breaths, your brain is not getting enough oxygen.
    The same thing happened to me 2 times, the second time, I called the bank to find out why my account gets froze.
    Here is what they said, because of all the fraud, internet hacking and people breaking into others bank accounts, they will freeze my account to protect me from hackers. So anytime something out ot the ordinary happens to your bank account, the bank will stop payment IT'S THE BANKS POLICY, not homeland security.
    The ignorance of the people writeing this junk, and the idiots that read it and post it, is unbelievable.
    Blown your credibility is shot, everthing you post is pure fiction.
    Ok now I'm going outside to beat my head against a concrete wall, I can't take it any more.
    Dont hurt yourself. :rollside:

SmokinLowriderSS
    Dont hurt yourself. :rollside:
    Why no attempt to support the crap you posted blown? Oh yea, it's so stupid as to be UNSUPPORTABLE.
    What's next that's Pres Bush's fault? The mild winter I had here in Ks? The lack of the predicted thunderstorm last night? My stepdaughter's boyfriend's dislike of Coca-Cola?

Blown 472
    Why no attempt to support the crap you posted blown? Oh yea, it's so stupid as to be UNSUPPORTABLE.
    What's next that's Pres Bush's fault? The mild winter I had here in Ks? The lack of the predicted thunderstorm last night? My stepdaughter's boyfriend's dislike of Coca-Cola?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4784842.stm
    So what is your take on this again? I see billy got some coin for it, chances are ol gdya jr and sr are on the dole huh?

SmokinLowriderSS
    I've, told ya twice now. you want my take on the Dubai Ports World story, look it back up. It's right here. :argue: :
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106490
    That's page 2 currently, "UAE Company In Charge Of Security". :idea:
    So just where is it Clinton got money for this business transaction after he left office? Oh, yes, "All politicians take bribes. Graft is everywhere." Yea, yea.
    I note the diversion failure (again), and STILL not trying to back up the crap you started in THIS thread. Pathetic blown.

1978 Rogers
    If this is inconvenience these boys are gonna be busy. Gotta be millions more similar to this.....Steve
    No kidding, I don't get it. This sounds just like the poor SOB on F. 9/11 that complained in the gym about Bush. So a couple guys turned him in. The fat ass slob in the cap only came up with one guy for his whole movie. One guy, BFD. Who gives a rats ass if a couple people have a hard time. Post an article when it becomes 10% of the population of the USA. Then you might have something.
    My wife works at a bank. She said that shouldn't have happened. She doesn't get why it happened. It doens't make sence.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Since there are millions (more like hundreds of millions) of credit card account transactions every day in this country, which are constantly overseen by computer (oh yea, blown thinks the NSA and DHS sit arround and WATCH these all happen personally), I have no problem with my assumption that some computer account rule, in some oversight program, used by some companies (or all of them perhaps, there's only about 5 of them anyhow, Visa, MC, AmeX, Discover,Diner's, maybe a couple I don't know) has certain "flag" settings that do not permis such things for just that, account security reasons. Unusual behavior triggers the computers, and is not permitted for the express purpose of PROTECTING THE CUSTOMER'S ACCOUNT. How many people try to pay their credit card account with money from 2 different accounts, under 2 different names, one NOT being the account-holder? I'll bet almost nobody in this country of 200+ billion people. Would that be an unusual account activity? Yes. Would you expect a computer to get a problem with your account making a transfer into a credit card account that does not belong to you (like mine for an example)? Another yes. Sure it could be legit, it could also be a fraudulent withdrawal on my part from an account or computer hack using your info I stole.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast