Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keep giving it up

SmokinLowriderSS
    Hummm lemme see, I vote to remove the corrupt from office. I write letters to them to let them know I don't approve of what they are doing and will use my vote to show them.
    Of course, if they are not trying to carry blown from cradle to grave, they are corrupt & he wants rid of them. Oh, yea .... the jooooos too. Long Live Hamas!

Blown 472
    Of course, if they are not trying to carry blown from cradle to grave, they are corrupt & he wants rid of them. Oh, yea .... the jooooos too. Long Live Hamas!
    Huh? you should really limit your time with stevo, you are starting to sound like him.

Red Horse
    Hummm lemme see, I vote to remove the corrupt from office. I write letters to them to let them know I don't approve of what they are doing and will use my vote to show them.
    Voting is good. You must vote
    Anybody can write letters. You seem to be real passionate about this so get out from behind the letter writing desk and do something real. Go meet with them, come up with (real) possible solutions and take charge of your life and use this freedom that so many have made sacrifice for. Run for political office, become an aide, start a REAL grassroots coalitions (not for profit, legit with all the legal permits) to fight these percieved injustices.
    I have 21 people that work for me. I am in the military. I have some of these troops come up to me and complain about everything. So I tell them to come up with a solution to the problem and we will run with it. They really dont want to do anything except bitch about things that do not go their way. Seems to me that is what you do. Actions speak louder than words.
    Case in point. My Home owners association. Didnt like the way it was heading, how it was run or who was running it. Guess what. We (wife and I) got involved and changed things. She and I both ran for the board and made it. Changed some things and now my money is going to good things, people whom the neighborhood can trust are running it and things got better. Another case in point. Low rent apartments were supposed to be built near my house that is in a gated community. This would lead to crime, devaluation of property and would create an area that many moved to get away from. I got myself put on the City Hall zoning commision agenda, got together some facts, presented my information and the apartments did not go in. THat is what getting involved is. So write your letters and keep voting if that makes you feel better. But know this: You will always swim around in your little pool of shit untill you man up and get out of it. It is YOUR responsibilty to change things that you do not like.

Blown 472
    Voting is good. You must vote
    Anybody can write letters. You seem to be real passionate about this so get out from behind the letter writing desk and do something real. Go meet with them, come up with (real) possible solutions and take charge of your life and use this freedom that so many have made sacrifice for. Run for political office, become an aide, start a REAL grassroots coalitions (not for profit, legit with all the legal permits) to fight these percieved injustices.
    I have 21 people that work for me. I am in the military. I have some of these troops come up to me and complain about everything. So I tell them to come up with a solution to the problem and we will run with it. They really dont want to do anything except bitch about things that do not go their way. Seems to me that is what you do. Actions speak louder than words.
    Case in point. My Home owners association. Didnt like the way it was heading, how it was run or who was running it. Guess what. We (wife and I) got involved and changed things. She and I both ran for the board and made it. Changed some things and now my money is going to good things, people whom the neighborhood can trust are running it and things got better. Another case in point. Low rent apartments were supposed to be built near my house that is in a gated community. This would lead to crime, devaluation of property and would create an area that many moved to get away from. I got myself put on the City Hall zoning commision agenda, got together some facts, presented my information and the apartments did not go in. THat is what getting involved is. So write your letters and keep voting if that makes you feel better. But know this: You will always swim around in your little pool of shit untill you man up and get out of it. It is YOUR responsibilty to change things that you do not like.
    Been there done that, sat on city councel for two years where I live. Tried to make changes for the betterment of the city, beat my head against the wall and nothing changed. But now I get to go to the meetings and tell them what I think of their ideas, you know the ones that sucked and I told them that but they went ahead anyway, and now paying the price for it.

Red Horse
    Good. I am glad you got involved. Sorry it didnt work for you. Maybe you need to pull back, regroup, change the angle and go at it again. Persistance will pay off in the long run.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123