Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evinrude 235.....how good is it????

TeamHawaiin
    I've got an 82 Centurion boat that I'm about to restore and I just paid 800 for an 80 model Evinrude 235. It runs, just needs a prop. How good are these motors? Do they have any chronic problems or things I should watch out for? I'm going to replace the waterpump impellor because it has been sitting awhile. Thanks for any input.

stvneil
    you should be happy with that motor

73kona455
    make sure u feed it good gas, a good name brand oil.....and the timing no higher than 26* and it will live a long life

Towndrunk
    it will live a long life
    Being an 80 model it already has. The consences is that they have a weak bottom end and to keep the rpms down where they are supposed to be. This has not been proven by me to be true or false.

73kona455
    i have ran a crossflow for years.. turning over the recommended Rpm without a problem...it is usually used several times a week..( till the gas prices went up ) ....they are good motors... just old school

TeamHawaiin
    Appreciate the input guys. I'll keep that timing below 26*. What RPM should I not go above? This v-6 2-stroke sounds wicked on the stand.

TeamHawaiin
    That is one sweet boat Kona. Would you mine posting a few more of it or pm'ing the images to me. Thanks

Towndrunk
    That is one sweet boat Kona. Would you mine posting a few more of it or pm'ing the images to me. Thanks
    Thats not a Kona, it's a starbuck tunnel. They had a good ride but never too terribley fast. You Cent should out run it. No disrespect meat.

Xlration Marine
    235 good motor. et the gold fly wheel if you want to run over 6700. Don't run it between 6300-6600, thats a bad spot on these motors. Go to www.screamandfly.com and you will get all of your answers there.

Xlration Marine
    Just ask the squirle with the Nuts, he know all about S&F.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast