Thread: 455 problems help.

wet and wild
    Just Rebuilt 455 Olds.Got a Stage 3 comp cam, 9.88 Comp. Stock Distriburter/wITH VACUME ADANCE.200 lbs on each cylender.850 Holly Double Pump.Mallory op inside dist,and excel coil.At 2000 rpms,The Engine Bogs.Tried Every thing,From Power Time ,To Carb Ajust,To Many of Advice. The Engine, After $5000.00 Later Can Only Do 2000 rpms,Then Bogs Out.Help!. Put Mondello Restrect Kit And Roller Rockers, The who KIP and Kaboot.Need Help.Wet and Wild.

Licketty Split
    I hade the same problem. It sounds like you problem is in the points gap, gape them coser and the problem should go away.....also loose the vac advance it is great for blueng headers, hope this helps. LS

project-speed
    Ive got the same set up. only i've got msd 6al. my carb is 830 race holly. check and make sure the carb is getting enough fuel. I had to bend the lever over on the rear of the bowl to ride on the cam that ingages the back pump. put a "load" on your motor, leave your boat on the trailer at the lake and try to dial it in.

Chestah Cheetah
    I know this is off the subject, but I thought I'd get most 455 Olds owners in this thread. I have my front/rear motor mounts/flywheel out of my 455 that are just sitting around. I'm willing to get rid of them super cheap. Anyone need them? Offers?

JEThro
    W&W,Need a better description than "bog" down. Does it die at 2000rpms? If you have a bad vibration at 2000 and can't go any higher,check to see if there is anything in your pump. Just curious... How did you achieve 200psi compression. Jethro

ole war horse
    Do you have a oil pan for a 455 Olds?

79Hawaiian
    I don't think he could do 2000 rpm without an oil pan! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/person/cheering.gif

GlastronGuy
    Originally posted by 79Hawaiian:
    I don't think he could do 2000 rpm without an oil pan! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/person/cheering.gif
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Chestah Cheetah
    Originally posted by ole war horse:
    Do you have a oil pan for a 455 Olds?
    That's been sold already.......I could have sold 10 of them easily.

project-speed
    hey Chestah, do ya still have the flywheel? e-mail me if ya do. w8in4air@aol.com Thanks