Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help me remove yellow tint from my o4 genesis gelcoat

chad
    Anyone out there have this problem ? My boat's gelcoat has a yellow color in it.It may be from using carnuba wax,I dont really know though.any suggestions on what would take them out.

justfloatn
    A mild rubbing compound should work. Mguires gel coat color restorer works good then follow with a polimer protectant. NO WAX!! I have used NuFinish for over 10years on three diferent boats and never had a discoloring or oxidization issue.

Trash
    Chad,
    You need this stuff called FSR (fiberglass stain remover). It's a gel like substance which is blue in color. It costs about $8-10 for a jar. Apply with a wet sponge and hose off. It is virtually instantaneous. Perform you usual wax job after that.

chad
    Chad,
    You need this stuff called FSR (fiberglass stain remover). It's a gel like substance which is blue in color. It costs about $8-10 for a jar. Apply with a wet sponge and hose off. It is virtually instantaneous. Perform you usual wax job after that. thanks for the info, where can I get this stuff at? I live in rancho cucamonga ca.

SOCALDETAIL1
    thanks for the info, where can I get this stuff at? I live in rancho cucamonga ca.
    West Marine, If those steps do not remove it, then you are looking at wetsanding it, Give me a call if you have any questions. Mark 562-544-4732

slimShady
    Good luck with your gelcoat.
    Have you ever taken you boat to Genesis for service?
    This is no joke.
    I dropped my boat off with Joel @ Genesis a few weeks ago for service.
    I very unhappy with the condition of the boat when I picked it up.
    AND THEN...I go to fuel it up on Saturday morning and the tank is completely empty!
    The boat had over 1/2 tank when it was dropped off.
    This could not have happened any other place because it is in my locked garage at all times.

SOCALDETAIL1
    Anyone out there have this problem ? My boat's gelcoat has a yellow color in it.It may be from using carnuba wax,I dont really know though.any suggestions on what would take them out.
    People tend to be in denial over this happening, But I have seen it alot this past year Check out this thread http://www.performanceboats.com/html...ight=yellowing

Oldschool427
    On my 1975 Campbell.
    Color sanding. 1st with 2000 grit then 1500 and finish off with 1000. Keep it wet with lots of soapy water. Polishing compound with a good heavy duty buffer. Then a good wax with the same buffer. Mine came out like new. Took me about six weeks last winter. Remove as much hardware as you can.

SOCALDETAIL1
    On my 1975 Campbell.
    Color sanding. 1st with 2000 grit then 1500 and finish off with 1000. Keep it wet with lots of soapy water. Polishing compound with a good heavy duty buffer. Then a good wax with the same buffer. Mine came out like new. Took me about six weeks last winter. Remove as much hardware as you can.
    I think you have the grits backwards but thats the right way.

Nord
    I'm reading this thread and I'm confused. Mark you say there is a way to take out the yellowing? I thought it was "bad gel". Your saying it product?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast