Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***Super NOOB First Thread!!

gokartrder
    Hey guys! My name is Chad and I am a brand new boat owner. My boat isnt new but I am new to it. I have been boating for years with my parents but never worked on the boat....just know all about how to use them. I just recently bought a 1975 Seguaro Jet boat with a 460 Ford in it. Wasnt running right and the guy who sold it to me said I needed a new carb so I bought the brand new holley 750 4 bbl double pumper. Put that baby on with a tune up and she runs perfect. I took it out for the first time and it was alot of fun. Only thing that sucked was the bumps which I anticipated when buying the boat....I knew it wasnt going to be the smoothest ride ever. Reading up on these forums here it seems that you guys know what your talking about and might have somewhat of a fix for that? Ive been reading about ride plates and some other type of plates, but also hear alot of terminology i dont understand. This thread is just to find out what the basics are that I need to worry about. Ride plates etc. Please make it simple for me to understand as I am super noob! What are the first main things that I should be adding to my boat. Any info helps!
    Here are some pics
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...0/hatch016.jpg
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...0/hatch013.jpg
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...0/hatch012.jpg
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...0/hatch009.jpg

Midlake Crisis
    Welcome to HB and congrats on the boat - looks like a really fun ride. The open bow is great for the extra room.
    Boats like ours are always going to ride a little bumpy, but running with the diverter up definitely helps you get through the chop (if you have don't have one it is the best bang for your upgrade buck IMHO), and I have read that ride plates can help a lot too, but I will let someone who has actually installed one give you the details on that.
    If you need more info than you get here you can get freindly, straight, knowledgable answers from Tom or Josh at www.jetboatperformance.com
    P.S
    If you haven't already you should check out Malcolm's rideplate thread http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163324

gokartrder
    Hey thanx for the links Midlake! I was already thinkin bout place diverter but right now my main thing is if I can get the bump eased a bit that would be nice

bp
    what pump is in it?

Nice find !Nice looking boat! Seguaro's are very unique and unusual boats boats ,came with lots of different and innovative "rigging",different jets etc ! Please give us more info and maybe a pic of the rear of the jet/boat like BP said And welcome to the HB boards ! Tom @ JBP

gokartrder
    Hey Tom Thanx! I was lookin at your site yesterday! I like it....theres some good stuff in there. Nice to see you know something about my boat. Alot of people I talk to never heard of Seguaro and neither have I. I just bought the boat because I wanted open bow and I wanted a jet but I was limited with my cash and this bad boy was 3 grand and it just needed a new carb so I went for it. Only thing is I need to see some pics and I need some ideas on where to put speakers. I cannot find one place to put any. Im hoping you guys have already been there and have some ideas for me. I love my music.
    Anyways....I thought I should have put up pics of the jet and the rear and stuff but these pics I took were just to show off the boat. Ill get some pics of the engine with the new carb on it and the jet. I think its berkley but I am not sure cuz it doesnt say (I dont think). I think I remember the guy saying its berkley. Shes in the shop right now though because it had an exhaust leak that I got fixed but the first time I took it out under load it leaked a tiney bit of water right where it had been fixed so I took it right back to the guy and he said he will take care of it. Thanx for the warm welcome guys!

hkunz
    Only thing is I need to see some pics and I need some ideas on where to put speakers. I cannot find one place to put any. Im hoping you guys have already been there and have some ideas for me. I love my music.
    !
    The motor should make the music

gokartrder
    Hahaha.....good point hkunz! I do love that sound.....but when I am chillin somewhere I am gonna want some Van Halen tunes pumpin out of my boat. There really isnt any room anywhere tho. Like I though I would be able to think of something but I really cant. I need some ideas from other people who have these small jet boats.

gokartrder
    Anyone have any speaker placement ideas for me??

bp
    look under the seat cushions and see if there's enough space to mount them through the seat boxes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast