Thread: we should stop saying "we're the most

centerhill condor
    powerful nation on the face of the earth". The Saudi oil minister can snap his fingers and tell the world they will increase oil production by 10% in 18 months...while we produce 3 million bbls less than we did 30 years ago. WTH?
    How did this happen? Recently "big oil" wanted to expand a refinery in the midwest and was told by the EPA and environmentalists NO. We haven't built 2 new refineries since Carter's "crisis of confidence" speech 30 years ago.
    Natural gas is domestically produced and is a superior a motor fuel and yet you can only convert about 18 or so models to NG because the EPA won't approve. We have systems made in the USA for export only 'cause they won't pay EPA cert and annual recert.
    India and China have systems available for all their cars. Most of the motor vehicles in Argentina are ng powered.
    Neither McCain nor Obama have mentioned this part of the solution.
    This country built the atomic bomb in less time than would be required to write an "environmental impact statement" today.
    We were the greatest country but no more. Bill Clinton wanted to build a bridge. Now I know why..so we could "get over it".
    CC

donzi5150
    "This country built the atomic bomb in less time than would be required to write an "environmental impact statement" today."
    Big Goverment system....Think of the healthcare system if Obama gets in and socializes it......how long would a routine visit take then?
    Oil.......I am from Louisiana originally and I lived in the Panhandle of Florida for about 10 years. I fished the coast all my life. There are more fish along the coast of Texas and Louisiana than Florida. The rigs are artificial reefs. But the environmentalist don’t want to destroy the natural habitat......several of my buddies we charter boat captains and when they commercial fished they went from Ft. Walton and Destin to Louisiana and Texas.....lots of fuel but caught more fish and made more money........I guess I'm just stupid? And how much oil was spilled with Katrina? Nothing because the technology is so advanced......Drill now! Add 10 more refineries now! 50 Nuclear plants now! Obama, never!

deltaAce
    Drill here drill now (http://www.americansolutions.com/act...b-346a1e096659), sign the petition
    People (idiots) say that even if we drill new wells, it will be ten years before they produce..............................I say bullsh!t.
    I think they can errect drilling rigs & pump within months.
    It will take ten years for the BS permits to pass.

donzi5150
    Drill here drill now (http://www.americansolutions.com/act...b-346a1e096659), sign the petition
    People (idiots) say that even if we drill new wells, it will be ten years before they produce..............................I say bullsh!t.
    I think they can errect drilling rigs & pump within months.
    It will take ten years for the BS permits to pass.
    Signed it about a week ago and forwarded it on.........Blown is waiting to see if Obama or Hiliary will sign it first.....

Blown 472
    Signed it about a week ago and forwarded it on.........Blown is waiting to see if Obama or Hiliary will sign it first.....
    Now why in the hell would I wait for them? I am not voting for either one of them for anything, ****ing eh, if I dont follow your prez line of bullshit then I am a lib? is life that hard for you to understand that you have to label everything so it is easier?:jawdrop:

sidewindingfool
    The whole thing is a joke the oil and car comp know that cars can be run on hydrogen and you can get that from water with electrolysis it can be done right at home and when it burns it makes water but the oil companys cant figure out how to make money on it . We can send men to the moon but not make hydrogen cheaply give me a brake

deltaAce
    The law of thermo dynamics says you can change energy from one form to another, but your not going to get more of it.
    It takes more electrical energy to release the Hydrogen than the energy the Hydrogen will produce.
    Hopefully we can use the suns energy to create more Hydrogen.

centerhill condor
    the "arizona clean fuel" refinery has been given federal approval from the state. Took five years to fill in all the forms...the plant will cost $4B and take four years to build....five years for paperwork and four years to build. Good thing these public servants don't follow this model in the men's room or they'd never get out!
    Delta and the sidewinder are both right. Making hydrogen is no mystery. Iceland could become petrol free as they use geothermal to generate H2 for the autos. They pump it into the cars from Shell and other "energy company" fuel pumps. In this country we'd have to burn coal, and a lot of it to make H2.
    John McCain's plan envisions 40 new nuke plants...enough to make the H2 for the auto a reality. Obama's plan, however well articulated, calls for some as yet unidentified grand gov't plan.
    Incidentally, H2 is an acceptable auto fuel...MTSU has test cars that run on it. H2 uses about 14:1 compression for optimum efficiency. Natgas can run in your truck just fine. However, 12.5:1 is more efficient but you must want one of a few autos that can be legally converted.
    I have yet to find a car that I want to drive out of the show room on natgas and I am looking.
    BTW, we haven't sent a man to the moon in a while, either.
    CC

sidewindingfool
    yes we havent sent men to the moon in about 40 years but if we put the time and money we put into that just think what we could do with making hydrogen

centerhill condor
    Uncle Sam is waaaaay toooo busy being the "baby daddy" to do any moon shots! jello only.
    CC