Thread: 76 19' Hallett Restoration NEED HELP

jcriverboy
    I've been trying to restore my 76 Hallett for 12 years now, so I have new paint (12 years old now) and new paint on trailer at same time. So I had fuel tanks that were Fiberglass and glassed into the sides of the hall, which also were leaking. I removed the tanks and now I'm looking for new ones made of SS or polyethylene.
    Thought of duing belly tank but didn't think back seat riders would like having their knees in their face. May do belly tank under deck? Any one installed a belly tank under their deck? Overton's has a 28 gal for under $300. Has any one had side tanks made that fit the side mold of their boat?

jetboat
    first question, why so long? buy the time you finish, that style will be out.look mon another site,performance boats, lots of items for sale.

If possible I'd keep the tank out of the bow. The boat will be faster with the weight tword the back of the boat.

Jetoholic
    If possible I'd keep the tank out of the bow. The boat will be faster with the weight tword the back of the boat.
    Ditto

jcriverboy
    Didn't think about loosing speed if tank was up front. To much smoke in my eyes from the fires.
    Has any one heard about our California special gas eroding aluminum fuel tanks?

Speed955
    I've been trying to restore my 76 Hallett for 12 years now, so I have new paint (12 years old now) and new paint on trailer at same time. So I had fuel tanks that were Fiberglass and glassed into the sides of the hall, which also were leaking. I removed the tanks and now I'm looking for new ones made of SS or polyethylene.
    Thought of duing belly tank but didn't think back seat riders would like having their knees in their face. May do belly tank under deck? Any one installed a belly tank under their deck? Overton's has a 28 gal for under $300. Has any one had side tanks made that fit the side mold of their boat?
    I have two side tanks 16gal each ( the kind that are installed on almost every boat known to man back in the day) that I would part with. They came out of my old Pioneer hull. PM if interested.

GM Killer
    I have a '79 Hallett 19' with custom tanks. IMCO made them for me. The are saddle tanks (sit on the sides) and are hidden behind the interior. I had them made larger then the originals and I now carry a total of 39 gallons vs the original 20gals.
    IMCO is in San Dimas CA. I too lazy to look up the number but they are easy to find. good luck to you

TAPPED OUT
    Bow tanks suck especially when you are full of fuel and a wave comes over the low, weighted down front end and tries to sink you!
    http://a546.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...b0fef15b31.jpg