Thread: Impeller and wear ring ?

75 Eliminator
    What is best way to measure my impeller and wear ring ?
    thanks.

Jetoholic
    With an I.D. micrometer or diak caliper for the wear ring and an O.D. mic or caliper for the impeller.

75 , are the parts in or out of the Jet , as lot of folks dont have precision measuring tools available to them there are other ways for you to get an Idea of what the "health" of your jet is ,more details please Tom

HammerDown
    Just for giggles just to see if it would work I used clay between the wear ring and impeller...and it worked pretty darn good! Almost like claying for valve/piston clearance. I had the clay in three locations, top, bottom, left, right.
    Took a few times to get the feel how I needed to pull the impeller off so not to disturb the clay but yea it worked. I found I had to oil/lube the impeller area and the clay surface first.
    NOTE...keep in mind, my Impeller was zeroed out on my shaft. A Impeller not trued on the running shaft will have some run-out thus, the clearance will be less and greater at some locations as the Impeller turns.

I used clay between the wear ring and impeller
    I did this with my son's playdo to figure out a starting point for the length of my cam's thrust bearing/button

HammerDown
    I did this with my son's playdo to figure out a starting point for the length of my cam's thrust bearing/button
    When I tried Playdough it was a little to spongy...modeling clay held the shape perfectly

ya playdo is more spungy than clay, i just didnt have any clay and had a ton of playdo

75 Eliminator
    The parts are out of the boat, I am rebuilding the pump and looking for an impeller for the boat.
    thanks.