no prob. mine were the same way sometimes the bolts loosen and there not checked torque will do this. use a ice pick and poke in the holes if its soft well then you know what you need to do if not you can use aluminum on both sides of the stringers to help support it. delamination looks like yellow blush color and rot is black. some well is ot it is a old boat but use stainless bolts next time . steel promotes water and wood dont like it. use anti sieze or youll make it permanant. i did body and paint for 15 yrs. i use 180 gr to smooth it down the polyester primer then block it. seal it then paint. i know its a project but you might be better to have your stringers looked at in so cal if they need work let them then come out and get boat. sounds like you got alot on the plate . i use bullett fiberglass in madera cal but look up billy b in upland ca he all over performanceboats.com awsome work i paid 3500 for new stringers and floors in my cruiser you may get off real cheap at least youll know what your in for