Thread: Help Please!Tunnel Ram Linkage problems

Budnikjet
    I bought a used tunnel ram for bbc and can not figure nout how to get the linkage to opperate the butterflies all the the way open.It has 2 850's mounted sideways .the linkage looks to be an expensive unit,it is made out of anodized aluminum rods with heim joints to pivot on .Was wondering if anyone had a linkage like I am describing and could post some pictures here of how yours is set up so i can figure out how to mount my throttle cable and make likage work would be greatly appeciated.I don't have a scanner or digital camera so I can't post a picture unless i find one to borrow.

Budnikjet
    Hack job thanks for the pic thats the same linkage I have .Are you going to mount your throttle cable coming in from the rear of the boat or from the front of the engine?What kind of bracket are you using ?have you got a pic of that ?
    Thanks man

hack job
    sorry i do not have a pic of that but tommorrw i try to remember to take one as for the other it comes from the back and pushes it but it can be set up either way1 good luck bro! that was a pain in the ass to set up!
    Tyson www.plumbersassracing.com (http://www.plumbersassracing.com)

burbanite
    My set up is the same as hack jobs, on Friday I finally got it adjusted to where I get WFO so had to take it to the lake that evening to try it but it was still too damn rough to stay in it for more than a few seconds, damn!
    The main shaft has splines which allow you to set the levers to start their travel from any number of positions, the same applies to the bellcrank where the cable attaches. Take your time and make sure there is no bind, not good to be stuck open. Keep going back to the rods and make sure they are "neutral".
    Also try to have a positive stop, the cable should never be used for this purpose.