Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The shit storm is coming kiddies

Blown 472
    this showed up "in box" today...some good posts here.
    CC
    Change ? But what kind ?
    My Grandpa used to say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make em drink.
    This has to make you think a little bit, if not then keep your blinders on!
    George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years.
    The first six the economy was fine.
    A little over two years ago:
    1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
    2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
    3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.
    4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +
    5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations o'seas,
    living
    large!...
    But American's wanted 'CHANGE'!
    So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress & yep--we got 'CHANGE'
    all right. The new congress froze the president, creating a lame duck and
    here's what followed
    In the PAST TWO YEARS:
    1) Consumer confidence has plummeted ;
    2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;
    3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
    4) Americans have seen their home equity drop
    by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS & prices still dropping;
    5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
    6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low
    $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED
    FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT
    PORTFOLIOS!
    YEP , IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE!...
    AND WE SURE AS Hell GOT IT!!!....
    NOW OBAMA, the DEMOCRAT'S CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT
    AND THE POLLS SAY HE'S GONNA BE 'THE MAN'
    CLAIMS HE'S GONNA REALLY GIVE US CHANGE!!....
    JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YA THINK YOU CAN
    STAND???
    Ladies & Gentlemen are you aware we have had only two democratic presidents since 1963. Jimmy Carter WOWWW
    and William Jefferson Clinton.!!!!!!! I Rest My Case
    Join the NObama Movement.......we don't need an Islam in our White House running
    So if bush pushes this bailout thru like he is trying to and it doesn't work whos fault is it then?? the dems cuz they where holding a gun to his head off camera?

Blown 472
    No Amnesty For Wall Street
    “The only way to fix this economic mess that the international bankers have created is to return America to sound money principles, as prescribed in the U.S. Constitution.”
    By Chuck Baldwin
    At the time of this writing, the U.S. House and Senate are poised to pass a $700 billion bailout to Wall Street. At the behest of President George W. Bush, the U.S. taxpayers are going to be on the hook for what can only be referred to as the biggest fraud in U.S. history.
    Virtually our entire financial system is based on an illusion. We spend more than we earn, we consume more than we produce, we borrow more than we save, and we cling to the fantasy that this can go on forever. The glue that holds this crumbling scheme together is a fiat currency known as the Federal Reserve Note, which was created out of thin air by an international banking cartel called the Federal Reserve.
    According to Congressman Ron Paul, in the last three years, the Federal Reserve has created over $4 trillion in new money. The result of all this “money-out-of-thin-air” fraud is never-ending inflation. And the more prices rise, the more the dollar collapses. Folks, this is not sustainable.
    Already, Bear Stearns was awarded a $29 billion bailout, followed quickly by the bailout of Freddie and Fannie that will cost the taxpayers up to $200 billion. Then the Fed announced the bailout of AIG to the tune of $85 billion. Mind you, AIG is an enormous global entity with assets totaling more than $1.1 trillion. Moreover, the Feds agreed to pump $180 billion into global money markets. And the Treasury Department promised $50 billion to insure the holdings of money market mutual funds for a year. Now, taxpayers are being asked to provide $700 billion to Wall Street. (I hope readers are aware that, not only will American banks be bailed out, but foreign banks will also be bailed out. Then again, at least half of the Federal Reserve is comprised of foreign banks, anyway.) In other words, the Federal Reserve is preparing to spend upwards of $1 trillion or more. Remember again, this is fiat money, meaning it is money printed out of thin air.
    All of this began when the U.S. Congress abrogated its responsibility to maintain sound money principles on behalf of the American people (as required by the Constitution) and created the Federal Reserve. This took place in 1913. The President was Woodrow Wilson. (I strongly encourage readers to buy G. Edward Griffin’s book, The Creature from Jekyll Island.) Since then, the U.S. economy has suffered through one Great Depression and several recessions–all of which have been orchestrated by this international banking cartel. Now, we are facing total economic collapse.
    But don’t worry: the international bankers will lose nothing–not even their bonuses. They will maintain their mansions, yachts, private jets, and Swiss bank accounts. No matter how bad it gets on Main Street, the banksters on Wall Street will still have the best of it–President Bush and the Congress will make sure of that. This is one thing Republicans and Democrats can agree on.
    America’s founders were rightfully skeptical of granting too much power to bankers. Thomas Jefferson said, “If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”
    Jefferson also believed that “banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies; and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.”
    Daniel Webster warned, “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring classes of mankind, none has been more effectual than that which deludes them with paper money.”
    Webster also said, “We are in danger of being overwhelmed with irredeemable paper, mere paper, representing not gold nor silver; no, Sir, representing nothing but broken promises, bad faith, bankrupt corporations, cheated creditors, and a ruined people.”
    Our first and greatest President George Washington said, “Paper money has had the effect in your State [Rhode Island] that it ever will have, to ruin commerce–oppress the honest, and open the door to every species of fraud and injustice.”
    If George W. Bush, John McCain, or Barack Obama had any honesty and integrity, they would approach the current banking malady in much the same way that President Andrew Jackson did. In discussing the Bank Renewal bill with a delegation of bankers in 1832, Jackson said, “Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time, and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the eternal God, I will rout you out.”
    What President Andrew Jackson said to the bankers in 1832 is exactly what an American President should say to these criminal international bankers today. But what George Bush, John McCain, and Barack Obama want to do is provide amnesty for the international bankers, just as they want to provide amnesty for illegal aliens. I say, No amnesty for Wall Street, and no amnesty for illegal aliens, either. Instead of sending these banksters on extended vacations to the Bahamas with millions of taxpayer dollars in their pockets, we should be sending them straight to jail!
    The only way to fix this economic mess that the international bankers have created is to return America to sound money principles, as prescribed in the U.S. Constitution. This means dismantling the Federal Reserve and the Internal Revenue Service, overturning the 16th Amendment and the personal income tax, and returning the American monetary system to hard assets: gold and silver. Anything short of this will only delay and worsen the inevitable collapse that has already begun.

centerhill condor
    best post Blown has made in a looooonnnnng time.
    CC

Blown 472
    Ad you thought Al-Qauida were the enemy?
    Not half as dangerous to you as Wall Street bankers and their Zionist think tank colleagues. Keep bombarding your Congressmen and Representatives..Flush out the fiscal traitors, strip them of assets (which is what they want to do to us) and send them to Gitmo in orange overalls for some watersports. Its either that or lingering hardship and financial death for yourselves and your families. You owe these people nothing, they owe you. Use your vote wisely in November, and if they have backed this plan, off with their heads...

SeaSlut
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IoyNpfVQtK...s200/acorn.jpg
    Earlier today, when House Republican leadership framed its opposition to the bailout bill as it currently stands, a principal objection focused on the group ACORN, which the e-mail alert called "the scandal-tarnished 'community organizing group'" -- with scare quotes in the original.
    They're referring to the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, a group generally allied with Democrats and derided by the GOP as corrupt, inefficient and a front-group for Democratic efforts on the ground.
    In issuing the statement, House leaders are reflecting -- and also feeding -- a reaction to the provision that has exploded in the last day or more. Our colleague Ben Smith says he's gotten more than a dozen anti-ACORN e-mails in just the last few hours. The viral uprising is both organic and institutionally driven. Prominent bloggers have fed the flames and so has the Wall Street Journal editorial page; several of the e-mails sent to Smith reference a House leadership alert on the "ACORN Slush Fund" and others refer to the Journal opinion. On Thursday night, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) told The Crypt that his friend Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) opposes the provision.
    "The draft bill includes a left-wing giveaway that would force taxpayers to bankroll a slush fund for a discredited ally of the Democratic Party," reads one leadership alert. "At issue is ACORN, an organization fraught with controversy for, among other scandals, its fraudulent voter registration activities on behalf of Democratic candidates. Rather than returning any profits made in the long-term from the economic rescue package, Democrats want to first reward their radical allies at ACORN for their (often illegal) help in getting Democrats elected to office."
    In the end, how much of the bailout's potential profits are earmarked for ACORN? "None. Absolutely none. All funds would go to state and local governments," said Steven Adamske, spokesman for Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.), the chairman of the Financial Services Committee and a lead negotiator.
    The opposition has grown so intense that critics refer to the measure in arcane legislative lingo. Erick Erickson titled a Friday morning blog post at RedState: "Section 105(d) of the Bailout Must Go."
    Here's the relevant language:
    TRANSFER OF A PERCENTAGE OF PROFITS.
    DEPOSITS. Not less than 20 percent of any profit realized on the sale of each troubled asset purchased under this Act shall be deposited as provided in paragraph (2).
    USE OF DEPOSITS. Of the amount referred to in paragraph (1) 65 percent shall be deposited into the Housing Trust Fund established under section 1338 of the Federal Housing Enterprises Regulatory Reform Act of 1992 (12 U.S.C. 4568); and 35 percent shall be deposited into the Capital Magnet Fund established under section 1339 of that Act (12 U.S.C. 4569).
    REMAINDER DEPOSITED IN THE TREASURY. All amounts remaining after payments under paragraph (1) shall be paid into the General Fund of the Treasury for reduction of the public debt.
    And here's Frank's one-page summary of the Affordable Housing Trust Fund and to find the relevant bill go here and search for H.R. 2895.
    State and local governments can then dole out the funds and could send money to ACORN if they so choose and if the organization's efforts meet the standards set out in the law. For their stand against the provision, Adamske tweaked House Republicans, who have long called for more state control of federal funds.
    "Are they worried that the Governor of Alaska and the Mayor of Wasilla will give money to Acorn?" he asked.
    Regardless, House Republicans are saying that unless the possibility of ACORN seeing any money from this bailout is eliminated, there's no deal. "Doling out favors to ACORN and other liberal special interest groups are a non-starter for House Republicans," said Behner spokesman Kevin Smith. "If Rep. Frank wants to keep ACORN in the bill he can secure the necessary Democratic votes for passage because he'll need every one of them."

SeaSlut
    All we are doing is sending good money after bad.
    We need to let them fail, have the FBI investigate for fraud and embezzlement. Prosecute to the full extent of the law and sieze assets.
    The small banks will buy the property for a bargain then sell it cheap and everybody wins. Just sell it off.

centerhill condor
    it is 1 trillion dollars. 700B plus frammie @ 200B plus the bear sterns, etc...
    and I continue to hear how great this is for the tax payers having an investment in wall street....dude, only the truly crazy borrow money to invest in the market...they call it "leverage" and it has broken several banks, investment and otherwise...
    I'll buy into the market after these "margin calls" start gettin' mailed.
    CC

SeaSlut
    If it is such a good deal, why doesn't someone else buy it?

ULTRA26 # 1
    it is 1 trillion dollars. 700B plus frammie @ 200B plus the bear sterns, etc...
    and I continue to hear how great this is for the tax payers having an investment in wall street....dude, only the truly crazy borrow money to invest in the market...they call it "leverage" and it has broken several banks, investment and otherwise...
    I'll buy into the market after these "margin calls" start gettin' mailed.
    CC
    CC, I completely agree.
    BTW, how have you been?

centerhill condor
    doin' okay. glad to see you in pr. are you still smoke free? hope so.
    CC

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast