Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no response

cpsleek78
    MAYBE SOMEBODY CAN ANSWER MY QUESTION I HAVE 78 SLEEKCRAFT WITH A 454 WHEN I PUT THE THROTTLE DOWN THERE IS NO RESPONSE JUST HIGH RPM'S AND IT GO'S NO WARE . IF ANY BODY CAN HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW . Thanks Cliff

CVX20
    Cliff
    That does not sound good, I'm thinking a pump related problem. Do you have anyone in your area that works on jets?

Midlake Crisis
    RPM + no go = jet drive.
    Look up the intake and see if there is a rope or a giant catfish or other debris blocking the impeller.

rich seibert
    could be something as simple as a rag or a stick stuck in the pump
    have alook, i was 3 minutes late did not see reply #3

CP the guys pretty much called it here The high rpms vs speed suggests a "disconnect" between motor and jet or for example ,debris (rock ,stick,panties,cat fish etc) in the jet impleller or simply a significant pump impeller/wear ring clearance or wear issue in progress. Debris generally causes serious vibration "shuddering" and lack or thrust (no power/acceleration) There are lots of simple "checks" to diagnose this ,please feel free to call for help 805 466 4719 Tom

It's a long shot but you may want to have someeone turn the motor over while you look at the impeller to make sure it's turning, I had a crank bust right in the center of the rear main and it still purred like a kitten. :jawdrop:

It's a long shot but you may want to have someeone turn the motor over while you look at the impeller to make sure it's turning, I had a crank bust right in the center of the rear main and it still purred like a kitten. :jawdrop:
    Kreg SWTG ???

Tom WTF is SWTG???? lol. Seriously a buddy and me used to part out and fix up trucks for extra$. We had a 4x 4 that needed a motor and bought a 2wd with a strong sounding 454 for 500.00 in it that the owner said had a bad tranny. Well long story short the motor turned and the flex plate didn't. So we pulled it back out and apart and low and behold snapped crank . I prolly would't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, and wallet.lol

Kreg Thats amazing , thought I'd seen evrything ! did ya get the header pics ??

If you sent them to the yahoo acct. then I didn't get them. If you sent them to my other e-mail I'll have to check monday. Re the crank it could only happen to me.lol I'd still like to know what is swtg?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast