Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: L.A. Boat Show 2009

twocents
    Just a quick correction to the 2009 L.A. Show info above -- the L.A. Show will be open on Saturday and Sunday, February 7 & 8. Then closed on Monday and Tuesday, February 9 & 10. It will reopen for the final five days on Wednesday, February 11 thru Sunday the 15th. And yes, at this moment the show is planned to be contained all on the upper floor level (South Hall). If there is enough exhibitor demand, Kentia (the lower floor) is still available. As for exhibitors, the SCMA sales staff has just concluded an ambitious three-week road trip across the country seeing major exhibitor companies. Just some of the visits included stops at: Brunswick/Mercury, US Marine, Fountain, Sea Ray, Mastercraft, Yamaha, Honda, Volvo Penta, Evinrude, BRP, Glastron, Crestliner, Regal, Chris Craft, Wellcraft, Carver, Skier's Choice, Grady White, etc. The sales staff will be making personal stops at all the west coast performance builders for the next couple of weeks. So far, no company that exhibited in 2008 has said they will not be exhibiting in 2009, and no one has relinquished their display space for the coming show. SCMA expects that some companies will be downsizing their display space for the coming year which is natural in this economy. Will there be new high performance product to look at? I anticipate it will be a good year thanks to new product from Advantage, Howard, Eliminator, Conquest, Hallett, and Nordic just to name a few. The admission price for the show will still be $12 for adults, kids 12 & under are free. However, keep checking www.losangelesboatshow.com for aggressive money-saving discount offers on tickets. In fact, if you go there now, you can enter to win a free 22' Nordic Evolution sportboat which gets awarded at the NHRA drag race in Pomona in February 2009. That would be a nice way to start the year!

John.
    I'm going to go. there are going to be plenty of boats to see. its worth the trip Grads. you skipped it last year, no need to skip it two years in a row. Plus, the economy needs your travel money.

grads2112
    I'm going to go. there are going to be plenty of boats to see. its worth the trip Grads. you skipped it last year, no need to skip it two years in a row. Plus, the economy needs your travel money.
    I would love go down and see all my Havasu peeps.:idea:

Mandelon
    Yeah, I am thinking if Grads doesn't go, then I won't go either.

twocents
    If any out-of-towners need a nearby hotel for the L.A. Show, I highly recommend the Omni. They are offering special discounted rates for the boat show, have good restaurants and also provide free shuttle service to and from the show (no parking fees). To get the special rate, just go to www.losangelesboatshow.com, click on "exhibitor information" and then click on "hotels." There's a direct link to the Omni for reservations.

frosted tips
    Yeah, I am thinking if Grads doesn't go, then I won't go either. same here grads will be missed by all the builders

drejustice
    We were really thinking of making the trip out for this show since we normally have done Miami and wanted to really check out more of the west coast cats but due to the times have heard that it might not be worth it this year

twocents
    As far as west coast custom builders go for the 2009 L.A. Show -- the strong ones will be there and those that don't, draw your own conclusions. Again, none of the companies still in business have declined to exhibit at this time.

Throttle
    As far as west coast custom builders go for the 2009 L.A. Show -- the strong ones will be there and those that don't, draw your own conclusions. Again, none of the companies still in business have declined to exhibit at this time.
    strong or not, nobody should bother putting money out when the returns are not gonna make up for being there... that is just smart business... imo...

justfloatn
    strong or not, nobody should bother putting money out when the returns are not gonna make up for being there... that is just smart business... imo...
    What about buyer perspective? There are still buyers out there and if I was one of them and a builder was skipping the show due to money issues. Then I would take them off the list of builders to consider. The last thing any one wants is to buy the last boat someone builds. Depreciation on boats is bad enough without adding being built by a bankrupt company to it. Cutting back on the frequency or size of magazine ads is understandable but missing a big show is not.
    MY $0.02

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast