OK you sport boat types, I need some advice about a boat I'm looking at. I have 2 blown drag hydros but am looking for something sporty to replace the old Wellcraft cuddy cabin for family cruising.
I am looking at a 1989 Laser 24' sport cuddy type boat. It has been completly redone inside and out. Beautiful professionally done paint job and upholstery. All new stringers and flooring system, Reworked lifting strakes and pad. 454 BBC with a small supercharger, 5# boost, Bravo 1 with nose cone and shower, 12" Imco set back, Latham power steering, raised x dimension, Imco exhaust with chrome pipes/tips. Nice trailer with new tires and wheels, and matching paint.
So heres the questions, anyone familiar with this type of boat and its ride chacteristics. Re sale value since it was customized. I already know that the sale price is about 5000.00 more than the book value but the work done and the equipment added make seem to justify the price of $17000.00.
Thanks!
PS My wifey wants me to buy a 94 24' Baja 454 BBC, bravo 1, cuddy cabin with a toilet that she is looking at. $15900.00. Nice shape also.
What do you regulars think???