Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diverter options

cyclone
    without opening a huge can of worms, can i get some opinions on the Aggressor diverter vs. the Place Diverter?

flat broke
    hopefully this will curtail the deluge before it starts.
    wink
    ye old aggressor vs place thread
    Chris

cyclone
    well that didn't help too much. i read that the agressor unit is cheaper than the place but after that its just the usual bullshit drama.
    I'd like to know about the manual diverter and not the hydraulic one. Aggressor's website doesn't give many details.
    Anyone used the new version of Agressor's diverter for awhile and are they happy with it?

Slick
    I've heard Agg's hydrolic unit is more sturdy and better built than the Place. I haven't seen it yet but I'd like some feedback on that as well.

ChetCapoli
    ahem! ahem!...i have one..but you knew that already. Yes it is cheaper and yes it is better. It comes with all the place extras as standard equipement like FTN,rudder and push button wheel control. Heck the tech dept has a toll free number if there is any problems(unlike place) so how can you beat it? Dont get me wrong, the place is a great product but really overpriced. Last i knew they dont make a manual but the hyd option is only around 100 bucks more so why you'd want a manual i have no idea. The one i have has the old bennett pump with those solinoids that stick, the new ones(dyne something is the name) i have seen are faster, less amp draw and are very straight forward to hook up with no solinoids. Wish i had one. Hope that helps
    CHET

cyclone
    so agressor doesn't make a manual diverter then?
    I dont like the hydraulic ones because they are too slow. I also like having the positive feel of the handle to feel how the boat is reacting to the trim changes versus pushing a button.

flat broke
    The pump that Aggressor uses is an Oildyne pump. I believe they were designed as trim pumps for outdrives and the Aggressor has them re-valved or something to lower the working pressure. I'm not sure, but I think thats what Dave had told me.
    As for manual or not, I'd bet that you could buy the Aggressor nozzle by itself directly from Dave at Aggressor, then buy a manual handle and cable from Jack wink Give Dave at Aggressor a call and ask him if his nozzle could be used as a manual unit. If he says yes, you get the best of both worlds. Lower price and the actuation method you want.
    Good luck,
    Chris

77charger
    i think the aggressor nozzle comes standard with removable inserts(fine tune nozzles). as the place its an option.Check with chet on this.

Duane HTP
    The answer here is Yes! I sell a lot of Aggressor diverters with the manual trim. But, sad to say, the New Aggressor Diverters are no longer a lot less in price than the Place units. Duane HTP

It's all about the manual diverter(place)! "Kinda brings ya back to old Anaheim stadium in the woops!" bring the front up and hammer down through the chop! hydrolic's are for old men and "cholos"! J/K devil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast