Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Records Fall at Salton Sea Speedweek

Trash
    There are two primary reasons for the increased performance. First the high salinity and mineral content allows for greater buoyancy, thus less wetted area and drag. Second the Salton Sea is over 200' below sea level which allows engines to make more power.

HDF WATERDOG
    10 new records. Is that a complete list. How many boats were there to run.

shueman
    There are two primary reasons for the increased performance. First the high salinity and mineral content allows for greater buoyancy, thus less wetted area and drag. Second the Salton Sea is over 200' below sea level which allows engines to make more power.
    BINGO...!!!

grads2112
    After watching the videos I have a tough time believing that Bob Teagues 525's were stock. I run dry pipes on mine and they sounded louder and meaner than mine. Did anyone check to see if they still were sealed by Mercury? I'm calling BS.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa2Hq...eature=related

Todd969
    After watching the videos I have a tough time believing that Bob Teagues 525's were stock. I run dry pipes on mine and they sounded louder and meaner than mine. Did anyone check to see if they still were sealed by Mercury? I'm calling BS.
    Maybe you should call Mr. Teague and stop your whinning.
    While in school did you major in Bitching & Complaining? You have got to be one of the most controversial\conspiracy filled persons I have never met.

justfloatn
    Sounds similar to me. And I spend a lot of time following your boat
    Cool video. Lets take your boat there and see if we can pick up 5mph or so
    While in school did you major in Bitching & Complaining? You have got to be one of the most controversial\conspiracy filled persons I have never met.
    First Amendment - Freedom of speech and to question anything you feel like
    It may push your buttons but the only option is having a site where you can't voice your opinion without fear of getting banned :idea: Example...Your response and others toward Grads are just as negative and your right to post.

grads2112
    Sorry Todd69, The boating industry is doing great, all builders put out an excellent product, boating magazines are thriving due to advertising and Hot Boat and Performance Boats are equally good sites. Peace and love.
    Sounds similar to me. And I spend a lot of time following your boat
    Cool video. Lets take your boat there and see if we can pick up 5mph or so
    I've got a better idea, why don't Bob Teague and I switch motors and see who is faster...after all we both have 525's right?

Detail-Man
    Sorry Todd69, The boating industry is doing great, all builders put out an excellent product, boating magazines are thriving due to advertising and Hot Boat and Performance Boats are equally good sites. Peace and love.
    I've got a better idea, why don't Bob Teague and I switch motors and see who is faster...after all we both have 525's right?
    Greg give it up. To make it simple you are comparing a Skater to an Eliminator.
    Switch motors he will still beat you. The only chance you have is to set yours up in race trim and make yours a canopy race boat. Most 525s are makin 540-560 at the crank as well. You could beat him at B2B though
    By the way whats up man how are things? You do know who this is right?

grads2112
    Greg give it up. To make it simple you are comparing a Skater to an Eliminator.
    Switch motors he will still beat you. The only chance you have is to set yours up in race trim and make yours a canopy race boat. Most 525s are makin 540-560 at the crank as well. You could beat him at B2B though
    By the way whats up man how are things? You do know who this is right?
    My Eliminator is still faster than most Fountains.

Detail-Man
    My Eliminator is still faster than most Fountains.
    I guess you do. Hey man I got to tell you. That video you put on here with your new boat and the sound affects of the eliminator was maybe the funniest thing Ive ever seen. Great vid. Maybe I'll see you around sometime!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123