Thread: Beast of the East 09

fat rat
    Here it is:
    **BOTE June 27, 2009**
    **Lake Anna, Virginia**
    Well, here we go again. It's the middle of winter and it's time to make reservations at the hotel and plans for our 8th year. It's the year to get back to our roots! We started out chatting on the internet, a couple of phone calls, a video tape mailed across the east coast, a BBQ, maps and suggestions, and Lake Anna was the place of choice. We've gone from 40+ boats in the first year, to a full feature BOTE write-up in Hot Boat Magazine and stopped counting at 250 boats. After our 5th year, the humble beginnings quickly became a circus and started taking a direction that certainly was not what BOTE was about. While it was fun watching this group of boaters grow and grow, we were losing sight of the boating aspect, and the close knit family of boaters we've become. We're going back to the basics this year, back to the roots.
    We fully expect to lose attendance this year. While it was never about the attendance, it was nice seeing a lot of boaters together for the simple reason of hanging out, talking boats, family and growing friendships. We tried the coordination with Weller and the Labara thing. I have no problem admitting that I gave that avenue a lot more patience than others were willing to, but, it became apparent there was no consideration for input from our side of the lake. And so with that...
    So, it's just like the first year:
    Plan that potluck for the small group of folks at the lodge.
    Plan on standing in the mud.
    Plan on cruising up to the sandbar for lunch, or the islands for volleyball.
    Plan on wearing another Bad Ass T-shirt like BOTE has put out for years!
    Things like whether we have the raffle or not, and other details will begin to come out as we get closer. Right now, it's simple. If you have suggestions, this is the place to make them. While it's obviously not possible to please everyone and meet everyone's request, everyone has a place in this.
    I can't wait to see everyone again.
    Hotels:
    Lake Anna Lodge (Cell Block) : 540.895.5844
    Highpoint Marina And Inn: 540.895.5249
    As ALWAYS:
    The Boating This is probably the most important part of this whole Anna thing. Your safety and the safety of everone around you is paramount!!! If you bring your boat, you are responsible for whatever happens to it or your passengers. What you do with your boat is your business. If you choose to hit something with it, on purpose or by accident, or let someone else do it, you are responsible for getting it resolved. If your boat is in the water or on land, you will not be able to hold BOTE or anyone associated for any damage, injuries or loss. Can I make that any more clear? THERE ARE NO BOATING RELATED EVENTS SET UP THIS YEAR. Everything is related to land events only. Mufflers or baffles are a MUST at Lake Anna. If you don't have them, you have 3 options: make them, buy them, or don't fire up the boat.
    This is NOT the Weller or Labara event. This thread in not the place to argue about pro's or con's involving them. You are more than welcome to start that thread for complaints or comments in either East Coast-North or East Coast-South areas of this forum.

Cowboys Toy
    Rat, sounds good to me! Working hard to get this V-Drive put together up here in ceil county. Should have to whole cavitation and steering system all done by this weekend. This will be my first trip to this gathering and look forward to it if I get the boat done, it is difficult some times working by yourself. I have been to lake anna many times with the jet boat, the sand bar that you are talking about is that the one up to the far end of the lake past Christifer Run Camp ground? I have always stayed at the camp ground but can change that to be with everone else.

Wet Dream
    Cowboy, yes, that is the sandbar we're talking about. Others know it as the duck blind.

Wet Dream
    It's apparent that this site is going down for good, or so the rumor has it. People have asked my why I am so bitter toward HB, and this is just another reason. Yes, this is where BOTE got it's feet wet, but I strongly suggest that anyone who reads this, start becoming familiar with performanceboats.com.

fat rat
    Rat, sounds good to me! Working hard to get this V-Drive put together up here in ceil county. Should have to whole cavitation and steering system all done by this weekend. This will be my first trip to this gathering and look forward to it if I get the boat done, it is difficult some times working by yourself. I have been to lake anna many times with the jet boat, the sand bar that you are talking about is that the one up to the far end of the lake past Christifer Run Camp ground? I have always stayed at the camp ground but can change that to be with everone else.
    Sounds like it's comming together for you Cowboy.........but come check out www.performanceboats.com we have have our own little section there and pretty much the same people as here.
    Now get back to getting that boat together, if I lived closer I'd be there to help you out.

Cowboys Toy
    Rat,
    I will check ou the site and thanks. I have attached a couple of small pics of the boat progress.
    Dale

fat rat
    Dale.........can't wait to see it in person, beautiful boat!

Wet Dream
    Nice looking boat!
    (another, all show and no go)

HammerDown
    Daaaaymn ...