Thread: fast,dangerous hulls/safest hulls

What hulls, properly set up are fast and safe, and which are considered dangerous race only?

Jungle Boy
    Eagle Tunnels are a stable ride at 110 + MPH.

LAPD Gary
    Hey, only hull I'll say that is for race only, without getting flamed is the CP tunnel, The builder states clearly it is for a race course and should NEVER run on the river or elsewhere. When the power cuts, the boat makes a hard turn as the bow comes down and the driver goes out the right side, along with the dash/(ouch!)

I personally agree with LAPD,and my choice for a safe hull at those speeds would be a daytona,from what I have heard and seen the daytona sets down the safest after a power loss.On another note,I dont think they are the quickest or the best in the blow over dept.
    There was a recent thread aboout this and the topic of rapid shutdown came up. If i remember correctly,the keel on a the daytonas usually will come dominant on a power loss, and in other words will keep you going semi straight, in other hulls the sponson will be dominant and possibly make a violent turn.This weekend at the races a pretty fast 19 daytona lost power at top speed, and the boat reacted fairly well(im sure it was another story from behind the wheel) however, the driver luckily had a pop off and it seemed to work perfect for him.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by Jungle Boy
    Eagle Tunnels are a stable ride at 110 + MPH.
    And you can jump shit with them.

Jungle Boy
    Blown 472,
    You can jump shit in a glass boat,,,,but only once. So you'll want everyone to be watching the first time.

572Daytona
    Originally posted by Jungle Boy
    Blown 472,
    You can jump shit in a glass boat,,,,but only once. So you'll want everyone to be watching the first time.

The 21 Daytona seems to be a pretty safe hull. I lost power at 90mph and it laid down fine. I've also never heard of a 21 Daytona jet blowing over, they don't generate a whole lot of lift.

svtrich
    Cheyenne tunnels are great boats also.you have to figure what speed are we talking?
    Richard

77charger
    Placecraft tunnel has to be one of the safer hulls as far as speed goes.