Thread: Diverter problems

Witchcraft
    I rebuilt my Jacuzzi WJ this winter and installed a Place Diverter. With the Place diverter installed, two issues have come up. One, I cannot shift from forward to reverse unless I am off the gas. With the original nozzle this was not a problem. Second, in reverse I am getting a large amount of water coming in the boat. It appears that the gap between the reverse bucket and the nozzle is about a quarter of an inch. Has anyone else had an issue with a Place diverter?

squirts
    Yes I had the same problem it was caused from the nozzel being left in the poistion when the boat was trimmed out. When I come back in from a run I adjust my nozzel back to a stock setting otherwise you can dump alot of water in the back real fast. Good luck

Witchcraft
    You are saying that with the pump angled up was the only time you got water in the back of the boat? Any issues with reverse shifting with power on? That is the biggest issue I have had so far with the Diverter. In the past I could shift from forward to reverse at any time. Now I must be completely off the gas to change direction.

Moomawnster
    Try the reverse bucket with diverter set in mid range , this should loosen up the cable enough to shift, but please tell me you don't hit reverse @50mph !

Witchcraft
    Not normally do I put it in reverse at 50, but I have to admit it is kind of fun once in a while. My main concern is the fact that in an emergency situation (which unfortunely occurred last week) it will not go into reverse without getting of the gas. In addition when in reverse water comes in the back of the boat. It is less when the diverter is angled downward. I may call Place diverter to see what they have to say. Neither of these issues occurred with the stock outlet.

beached1
    Not really with the topic here, but make sure you bored out your bowl and removed the stinger if you are running a Place Diverter with their adapter. If not, you should be running slower with it than without.

Witchcraft
    When we rebuilt the pump and added the diverter we milled off the end pieceof the original pump. Does anyone with a Place Diverter have a problem with going into reverse when you are on the gas?

Moomawnster
    In my case the diverter is binding but only at slow speed , I still think it is cable bind but... perhaps the pivot pins? As I stated in another thread , check for cracks in the reverse bucket .....when you make that manuever you put huge amounts of stress on the pivot arms !!!!! $$$$
    [This message has been edited by Moomawnster (edited July 12, 2002).]