Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FTN nozzles

dyam
    Anyone know how to change these out EASILY?
    I'm leaving in the morning and can't get the one in there out.
    HELP!!
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Dean

RandyH
    dyam:
    Anyone know how to change these out EASILY?
    I'm leaving in the morning and can't get the one in there out.
    HELP!!
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Dean I found that if you take your whole hand and make like a fist after its inside the nozzle, Expand your fist, then slowly turn the nozzle around. Once you get it to spin slightly then you can squirt some wd40 in on the sides. The first time I tried it hurt like hell but it works cry . Then take it out every so often to keep the sand and grit out. Good Luck
    RandyH

dyam
    Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow morning.

dyam
    RandyH
    Thanks. Worked like a charm. Just got back from the lake and it came right out.
    Dean

565edge
    dyam:
    RandyH
    Thanks. Worked like a charm. Just got back from the lake and it came right out.
    Dean Do you have a daytona or a edge,i thinkj i saw that boat headed towards santa barbara around 7:00 on saturday afternoon?If that was you that is one nice boat!I was coming back from tom papps and aggresser's shops on saturday,what a drive!Where do you boat?Looks like you were pulling it with a motorhome?
    [ July 27, 2003, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: 565edge ]

dyam
    21' daytona. I was in a motorhome pulling some paddle boats and my wife was pulling the boat with a white Expedition. Goin south through Santa Barbara about 6:30. We were coming home from a week at San Antonio.
    I made that drive a couple of weeks ago to have Jack at MPD look at my boat. Costa Mesa is a long way from Oxnard!! And like a fool I went on a week day. Traffic sucks.
    What kind of work did you have done?
    Dean

dyam
    OMG!
    I just saw you're in Santa Maria. That was a hell of a trip! Hope it was worth it!
    Dean

565edge
    I had to pick up my jet-away,new droop snoot and a inducer pre-loader impeller,What are the specs on your boat,That was the boat i saw,very nice,We go to nac or san antonio,My buddy eliminatya here on the boards has a 21 daytona with a blown 582 in it,we need to hook up and do a trip,How does your boat run,what impeller and pump do you run?

dyam
    502, 250 b&m blower, superchiller, legend set back- a impeller, ride plate & shoe, place diverter, droop.
    Boat runs well but is a little disappointing out of the hole. I'm hoping an inducer this winter will help that. I mean it pulls well out of the hole but I've always heard that jets are killer out of the hole and that's what I'm looking for.
    Why are you putting one in?

dyam
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/898P7230040-med.JPG[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast