Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Scoop (Cyclone's Scoop has nothing on this one)

HBjet
    Well, it's not photoshoped!
    Here is the other photo I took.

I can't run this scoop even if I wanted to. The tray is designed to mount on a pair of Dominators. We just set it on there for the photo opp, and to see what it looked like. There is a reason for the height and shape of these types of scoops over your traditional Dooley style. If we had a tray that fit my carbs, I would try it out for sure. I do want to get another scoop, anyone have an suggestions?
    Something like these?

HBjet

the first 2 are a little too pro-stock i think. the 3rd may look good. the last is kinda dragster style. there is one like cyclones on banderlog trading post pretty cheap. The photos are not photo chop shoped ive seen that scoop floating around daves shop. But i think that irvine lake photo might be??

HBjet
    cs19:
    But i think that irvine lake photo might be?? Your shitting me! I was there bud.... Want me to post a photo of my trailer without the boat?
    Yeah, I really don't like any of those scoops because they won't look good with my hull. I just want to get something other then the Dooley scoop. I'm going to try out one next weekend like Cyclones to see how it performs.
    HBjet

Jungle Boy
    Ugly

superdave013
    Dooley scoops are not that bad until you put spark arresters in them. The first one blocks the second quite a bit. The only way the second one gets any air is by drawing it through or around the first spark arrester.
    I know the above scoop works good but I agree that it's kinda ugly.
    John with JM Marine makes a scoop that seems to work good also. Some pretty fast flats are running it that I know of.
    Randy, the question is why is your engine out of the boat and back at DNE??

bp
    superdave013:
    Dooley scoops are not that bad until you put spark arresters in them. The first one blocks the second quite a bit. The only way the second one gets any air is by drawing it through or around the first spark arrester.
    I know the above scoop works good but I agree that it's kinda ugly.
    John with JM Marine makes a scoop that seems to work good also. Some pretty fast flats are running it that I know of.
    Randy, the question is why is your engine out of the boat and back at DNE?? i believe the engine is out of the boat so jeff bennett can do the bottom. usual practice is to pull the engine at dne, flip the boat at mpd, pull it out front, and the bottom is done in a couple days. reverse order, and your done in one weekend.

sanger mike
    hey BP, hows it going. did you get the new boat, . HB if your going to change scoops, I agree with dave, take a look at johns with JM.

Wet Dream
    HBjet:
    Well, it's not photoshoped!
    HBjet Ok, my bad. The size threw me off a little. Thats a big hat. Hey, are those headers ceramic coated? How do you like them over the chrome? What made you decide to go that route?

Infomaniac
    That is cool. So what about looks if it works.
    What speed does it work best at?
    Technical term for that thing is a "divergent duct"
    [ July 27, 2003, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Johnwithjm
    The carbon fiber scoops work very well but I am not a big fan of the look of them on a boat. I like the old school look of a fiberglass scoop. I do have scoops but I don`t know how to post pics on ***boat. I like the look of Cyclones scoop alot.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast