Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday night drags

Just a little video fun from last Friday night at Lake Pleasant here in Phoenix. We usually have a better turnout but it was pretty rough this time out. The shots are a little grainy as MikeC shot them from shore with a lot of zoom.
    The boats are
    1. Red Canyon light layup Flattie. BBC PSI centrifugal blower around 1000-1200 hp. we figure that the boat is capable of 130 mph or so.
    2. Black Dimarco copy blown flattie with a huge scoop. BBC with roots 871 blower around 750-800 hp running in the high 80's to low 90's.
    3. Black Kachina Custom with a BBF tunnelram droop, rideplate, Place Diverter around 500 hp.
    4. Yellow n Orange Kachina Custom. Mine
    Conditions were pretty darned rough. We were all coming out of the water from time to time.
    Thanks for shooting the vidi MikeC. Next week your boat should be ready to race, and I'll pull the trigger.
    http://www.members.cox.net/realjetbo...nitedrags1.wmv
    [ June 24, 2003, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

clownpuncher
    Very cool, thanks

Bense468
    Yeah that red flattie looks like it moves.

77468sleekcraft
    NOW THATS WHAT I CALL COOL..................THANKS I ENJOYED THAT.. eek!

The Canyon. Buddy Matt had an real nice Edge Stealth with a worked pump and this same motor in it last year. He topped out at just over a hundered, and it just wasn't fast enough for him.

[ June 25, 2003, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Squirtcha,
    looks like your ole Kachina didn't do too bad. It looked like alot of fun. The sound on the video is incredible. I love the sound of open pipes and the whistle of a blower. Very Cool!!!!
    Omega

Thanks Omega. Yeah not too bad considering he doubles my horsepower. I had my boy along too (150 lbs) and that knocks off some git out of the hole and 5-6 mph off the top end. Hopefully the clips will stir some interest. We have lots of guys that post up stuff like "how fast do I have to be" and "we'll be there for sure with our clampons" and "maybe next time". But us diehards are there pretty much every week.

TIMINATOR
    Squirtcha.... THANKS for the video!!! Obviously didnt make as I didnt get the tow vehicle back in time from the dealer(another WHOLE story),trying to get the bugs out of the boat too. Probably this Friday. P.S. Brian F has his runnin too!

Timinator........are you and relation to Doninator? L ing
    Mike was responsible for the video. It was great that he came out to do that. I am merely the master spammer.
    You n Brian get those machines ready. We've already got guys that can't wait to get back out there this Friday. Hopefully MikeC will have his ready to go this week.

burbanite
    Squirtcha?:
    The Canyon. Buddy Matt had an real nice Edge Stealth with a worked pump and this same motor in it last year. He topped out at just over a hundered, and it just wasn't fast enough for him.
    For sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast