Thread: Oil Pan?

Bryan Rose
    O.K.
    Here we go, got the engine out early this morning and dropped it at the builders, At work by 10:00 A.M. not to bad to pull it.
    So we are going to go forward with the build and do it right, so with that being said I need to know what kind of pan to get? I have a 3 point motor mount system and don/t know what size pan to get. What kind of pan fits etc... It has a stock one on it now, holds I believe 5 quarts, ( not enough )turns out the valve was not stuck but it wiped the lobe on the cam, # 2 exhaust. Also where to get an oil pan at a decent price...
    If there is such a thing ? any one have one laying around.
    Bryan

Hallett19
    usually no such thing as a pan at a good price, expect to pay at least $350 for a good one. I got the 10qt Dooley which came with rear pickup and a windage tray, the pan is baffled as well. That pan should fit your motor and its available from Rex Marine, talk to Jay. I think mine came to about 4 hundy, but trust me, its worth it.

Jungle Boy
    Halletts right. They are not cheap. You may be lucky and find some stuff in the "ads" forum on this site. Lots of very good stuff there. Good luck with your project.
    www.jetboatracing.com

AZKC
    I went with the Milidon jetboat pan. Nice piece paid around 350.00 with the pick-up. Boought from Flatlanders Racing..
    KC