Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Format

***boat
    Gentlemen,
    In response to the divisive views expressed in regards to the issue of vulgarity in the Jet Performance forum, and given my finite capacity as a sole individual to monitor the abundance of posts appearing on these boards, I have elected to split the Jet Performaance forum into two.
    1) The new “Jet Tech” forum will be solely dedicated to the discussion of mechanical tips and tricks, which has always been the core purpose of the original “Jet Performance” forum. Vulgar and/or hostile language will not be tolerated here.
    2) The “Jet Talk” forum will be a status-quo continuation of the “Jet Performance” forum, with all that it entails.
    I hope that this new arrangement will at least partially satisfy the diverse concerns of everyone.
    Sincerely,
    - Erik Anderson
    Hot Boat Online Webmaster

froggystyle
    But did you change the default smiley from a frown????? NO!!!
    J/K Eric, good job

HavasuDreamin'
    Curious as to how you will monitor this because often times threads begin as "tech" but end up something totally different (talking smack or whatever). I am with Froggy too, dang smiley gets me quite a bit. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

RiverDave2
    ****'en A Bubba! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif j/k
    Good job Eric... Now about that smiley thing.
    RD

superdave013
    Can I get a placediverter for my barvo1 with a 22%casale thing-a-ma-jig? hehe I just wanna post here too! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    Great job Hot Boat. I think this will make (most) everyone happy!
    Now can us v-drivers get 2 forums? We've got the tech one now. We need one to talk da smack!

***boat
    Thanks for your support, guys!
    Froggy: The two-year anniversary of the Forums is coming up soon, and I want to upgrade our software by then. This means entirely new "smiley" graphics, avatars, as well as a better default settings.
    HD: Deviation in subject-matter will be tolerated within reason, but the minute that things "get ugly," topics will be locked and repeat offenders will get whacked!
    http://www.***boat.net/cop.gif
    [This message has been edited by ***boat (edited May 06, 2002).]

LVjetboy
    Hi Eric,
    I appreciate your effort to keep us unruly jetter in line, but I'd like to suggest a different approach. I think two jet forums is confusing and dilutes the knowlege pool and energy of the original jet forum.
    As on the "other" jet board, there's a burn barrel forum where threads are sent if they get too...hot. I believe the brain child of Jim Lee.
    Placing flame threads in the barrel keeps the key forum focused, while not censoring our freedom of expression...and tends to discourage flaming.
    I think HavasuDreamin' has a good point. Flame threads can start in any forum, not just Jet Performance. With a flame pit, you can just move a too hot thread there to let it die. Instead of having a "Jet Talk" forum with uncertain purpose at best. To me, one jet forum and a flame pit for flame threads from ALL forums is a much cleaner solution.
    jer

69 Elim
    Hey Erik,
    Nice job - I'am always hanging out in the background.

INFINITEJJ
    Hopefully this solution will work. I praise HOT BOAT for trying to make things work for everybody without stomping on the others.
    JON
    [This message has been edited by INFINITEJJ (edited May 08, 2002).]

sandblasted
    You want us to converse about mechanical stuff and keep it clean? Gees, that's hard to do.. as one of the world's worst backyard mechanics I tend to rate my vehicle/boat repairs by how many cuss words come out of my mouth per 1/2 hour..An oil/filter change on my boat is good for about 10-11 at least..
    but you're the boss here so I'll keep it clean on the new board..sure wouldn't want some other user to turn me in for bad language...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast