Thread: 20' Youngblood Building New Boats

Infomaniac
    A friend is making these brand new here in Oklahoma. No details at the moment but was curious if there would be any interest.
    Is there a market for new jet boats? Is everyone content buying and selling the same used boats?
    If there is a market, what would the average boater like to see?
    Big dollar gel coat designs with the best interior avaliable?
    Solid color basic interior reasonable priced boats?
    [ March 03, 2003, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Hallett19
    Sounds like you are going to dump some money into the company and need some feedback. I'll chime in my .02, I think there is a market for jet boats, I personaly have one and like it alot, however I am not one of thoes guys that is 'loyal to my drive' I one day want to try an outboard and my next boat hopefully will be a V-Drive. So my advice to you is, ask if there is a demand for the youngblood hull and rig them with other drives if possible, I am not to familiar with that hull, so I don't know if you can run v drives or outboards/outdrives with them.

1 fast okie
    yes i think theres a market, here in the okc alone i know jets unlimited sold 3 new chennyes and a 18' youngblood in the last year i dont no who made them but sombody in the tulsa area and ijust receaved my new 18' earl smith gullwing last week, i also now a few people who are thinking of new ones for next year

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
    Hey check this out.http://www.***boatsforsale.com/ReaderRides/hunter.htm pretty cool i also saw a cp with a o/b

572Daytona
    Personally I'd like to see larger 21-24' tunnel jets that could handle the rougher lake conditions. I think a larger jet combined with one of those 700ci Marine Assault engines would be a great combo wink

squirtboat
    I have a 88 Youngblood, It would be nice to upgrade to a new hull and like 572 Daytona said get into the 23+foot range.