Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full length stringers

Flashgordon
    I would like to find out which 70's era hulls came stock with full legth stringers built in. I've heard everybody talking about the way the hull get supported. I also checked out the thread of old rigger and Hawaiian boats, very cool. Are their anymore histories of other boats out there like that. Hull construction is really interesting to me, especially if someone does that little bit of extra bulletproofing. Thanks, Flash

jordanpaulk
    Hey Flash,
    I have a 76 Schiada that has FOUR full length stringers with a jet. Are you doing the research because you are looking to buy one as I have this boat for sale. (Sorry for the shameless spam, but I am a salesman at heart).
    Jordan

lakesmodified
    Originally posted by jordanpaulk:
    Hey Flash,
    I have a 76 Schiada that has FOUR full length stringers with a jet. Are you doing the research because you are looking to buy one as I have this boat for sale. (Sorry for the shameless spam, but I am a salesman at heart).
    Any pictures? Price? condition?
    Jordan

jordanpaulk
    LM,
    Check out the Hot Boat online classifieds. It is posted under 1976 Schiada. It is a project boat and there is a picture there to give you an idea.
    Jordan

Flashgordon,
    there are even quite a few old Hawaiian and Tahiti's (same owner) out there with full length stringers. I think just about all the boat builders, if they didn't offer them standard, would do them on request.
    My 73 Spectra has 4 full length stringers too.

GOT WATER ??
    Hey oldrigger did all 73 spectra's have full lenght stringers.
    BTW I saw a really nice 1975 spectra20 for sale in Oroville today.
    [This message has been edited by GOT WATER ?? (edited June 22, 2002).]

spectras only
    GotWater, my 72 24' spectra has 4 full lenght stringers.The 2 outer ones are 2 X 8's,the 2 inner ones are 2 X 12's.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GOT WATER ??:
    [B]Hey oldrigger did all 73 spectra's have full lenght stringers.
    BTW I saw a really nice 1975 spectra20 for sale in Oroville today.
    Got Water?,
    Beats me.
    The guy to ask would be spectrabrent. I think he told me they used the 4 full length set up until 76 or 78. Mine was a jet that is (some day) being changed into a v-drive. The thing was even sitting on a v-drive trailer when I picked it up and s-brent says that was common too in the early 70s.
    Do you live up by Oroville? My best friend (40+ years. Man, that's a long time. We're both still in our 40s too.) moved to Chico and then Paridise about 10 years ago, and runs a house boat company in Chico. Goes to Oroville alot. One of the best riggers ever. Used him when I was GM at Advantage as a rigger, before that he was a Porsche mech.
    You gonna buy that Spectra?
    [This message has been edited by old rigger (edited June 22, 2002).]

GOT WATER ??
    Thanks S.O. & O.R.
    I already own a 73 Spectra 20. When I picked it up in Bullhead City it was sitting on a V-drive trailer. I had to cut all that extra steel off the bottom of the trailer. My driveway gets wipedout from the rain every winter. So I have another reason not to own a V-drive.
    I live outside Oroville in a little place called Cherokee.
    I know that I will find out if I have full lenght sringers this winter when I pull the floor apart.
    As far as that Spectra that I saw for sale (It's a beauty btw) The guy is asking 8000.00 obo. I look at it this way, If I put 6000.00 in to mine it would as nice if not nicer than that one. Plus I would know every thing that was in mine.
    I love my Spectra. We just got back from the lake. Took the inlaws out for a boat ride. they love it too.

Spectra19
    As far as I know most of the 20s and bigger came with full length stringers unless it was a v-drive then it was full length. My 19 and all the other spectra jets I have seen only have had short stringers if they were 19s or 18s. If any of you know of a cheap 20 I would be interested the family has outgrown the 19.
    Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast