Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: When is FC4?

CBBB? :idea: unless of course your thinking more on the lines of a race oriented event. NJBA?
    CBBB is exactly that..Classic boats. Im thinking more along the lines of an event for hotrods and race boats,besides its so rough at CBBB the hotrods cant get used and everyone knows that by now.
    NJBA is a race event, they aern't about to throw an event for us river guys.

dmontzsta
    CBBB is exactly that..Classic boats. Im thinking more along the lines of an event for hotrods and race boats,besides its so rough at CBBB the hotrods cant get used and everyone knows that by now.
    NJBA is a race event, they aern't about to throw an event for us river guys.
    yup, that is exactly why you dont see many V-Drives at CBBB.
    :cry:

FuelInMyVeins82
    You know i can only speak for my self, but I have never had a problem w/ roostwear or any one else on the boards. In fact I had a blast at CBB hanging out w/ him and vic and all of you guys. I just cant realate to taking something that is a public area such as the river and saying only you can come. Why even name it if that is the case. To me it just sounds like something you would do any other day at the riv.
    I mean lets face it the 18-19ft hot boat thing is fading out. I hate to say it, but it is the case. Companies that once mass produced smaller boats are now charging obsorbidant amounts of money to lay up the boats. If they do lay they them up they usually want to rig them aswell which takes the uniquness, inginuity and creativity of rigging your own boat out of the entire project.
    Large hot boat groupings such as Free board challenge, CBB and hopefully Wanabe racers is a good thing because it involves more than just the few boats that you see on a regular basis. It shows that there is still a market for smaller hot boats and that we are not goin any where, anytime soon. It also gives our hobby/sport much needed publicity that it would not get at smaller gatherings. I mean our own magazine (hot boat) barely gives us the any coverage any more. FB challegne was one of these large events and is no longer thats fine I just wonder what we are losing because of it thats all.

victorfb
    cs19. i know what you mean bud. i too would love to see it happen all the time. im just going off of the the conversations i have had with mike and the fact that since he uses the name roostwear which is a ligitamate buisness, he cannot have it affiliated in any way to any gathering that may have liabilty issues. but what i know and have seen from prior events is that some of the participants have been unwanted and basically uninvited to these gatherings. its not easy to control who comes to them once the word is out. not sure if you had parties at your parents house when you were a kid, but i had plenty, and it allways ended up with me calling the cops on my own party because some people from a nieghbor area wanted to show up and crash it. it happens. not much differance here with these gatherings it seems. wanna be gang bangers seem to allways show up. a quote from one guy that attended FC4 " we are street fighters,we will take you guys on". not to name names or point fingers, but this the element mike is trying to eleminate from the events. its all about the hod rod boaters and thier rides. if you look at what mike has been up to lately, you would realize he is very much into the hot rod seen, but he has geared himself in the street rod because the boating gig got too stupid. he wants to keep the boating gig alive but it will take some creative thinking and tactics to accomplish what he set out to do a few years back.
    i know i know, all my posts seem to be long winded. but its the way i am to get my point across. you want it in a nut shell? keep the *%@ing punks out of the events and we will have alot more of them.

waterwitch
    So CS is the official organizer of the Wanna Be 1? I need to know so I can forward the information to my team of attorneys.....just in case...
    I LOVE this statement! Think it
    sums it up!

ya that focker LGC.. that was good.
    Funny thing is, Im getting sued all the time for my comments on ***boat.

dmontzsta
    ya that focker LGC.. that was good.
    Funny thing is, Im getting sued all the time for my comments on ***boat.
    Can you make some comments to me? I could use the money.

bradbigsley
    we dont need no stinking events.. just hot boats together on the river... :crossx:

HalletDave
    Can you make some comments to me? I could use the money.

LMAO
    I could use some dead presidents also. How have you been Don?
    I guess I'll keep the boat in the garage all next year. I don't want Johny Cockring coming after me for bitch slapping some rude ignorant hillbilly threatning me or my friends at a launch ramp. Just kidding, I hope to see a lot of you good folks next year.

Squirtin Thunder
    Dave I am fallowing you so don't get lost.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast