Thread: Pressure Gauge

BrendellaJet
    Where is the best place to install a tap for a preessure gauge in my pump, or can I put a "T" fitting in the line that supplies the motor with cooling water? Pump is a Jacuzzi 12WJ.
    thanks!

1973 Hondo
    I have a spicket and a t handle, adjust the t handle to 12 psi lock the nut and forget it....

Clown
    Brendellajet
    What are you trying to acomplish????
    Are you trying to read your Actual pump pressure?
    Or just the pressure going into your engine?

BrendellaJet
    Clown, Im looking for Pump pressure. What should it be, what is the fix if it is too high or too low.

Clown
    Brendella
    With your pump I'm not really shure if it has the capeabiltys of lowering the shoe or not!
    I'm guessing that it has a fixed shoe.
    The biggest thing to do would be to get rid of the rock grate and install a loader.
    Im getting away from your question, My boat runs 40psi at w.o.t.
    Your boat might like to see 20-30 PSI .
    Do you already have a pressure gauge on the pump??

BrendellaJet
    Not sure if the shoe is adjustable, but with the help of my dad that could be accomplished if necessary. Dont have a gauge right now, but if you think I need one I value your opinion. The stock grate is long gone, as is half of the loader thats on there now. Looks like a few of the welds broke and it lost some hardware along the way. Can you recommend a new one, or type? My only interest is to make my boat faster, I want to make sure my pump is tight before I throw a bunch of money at horsepower. I have read about your dislike for this pump, but I think replacing it with a more Clown favored unit is out of the question, what do you think? I have read that this pump can perform, it just takes a little more $$$$. FYI, the motor is a BBC 454.

BrendellaJet
    Okay, I just looked under there, does not appear that the shoe is adjustable, so that will have to be considered later. The loader that is on there now hangs below the bottom of the hull about an inch. Thats probably why it is falling apart.

BigGmarine
    Clown Is a good person he just likes that crack alittle to much sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!