Thread: High speed vibration

BBC502
    Over Thanksgiving I went out for a run on the Colorado river outside Yuma, AZ. Made 2 hard passes boat ran fine. On the 3rd pass as I started to shut down at end of pass the boat started to vibrate. I went back to the sandbar and checked what I could check and didn't find anything. Loaded everyone in the boat and headed back to the marina. I jumped on it hard a couple of times on the way back and no vibration. The river is very low and is it possible I sucked something into the pump and immediately blew it out? I've done this before at idle and the vibration was similar but never had this experience at 70 mph. Any ideas?

SLO POKE
    Your boat only sees 70 mph is on the trail the you probably through a wheel weight! eek!

SLO POKE
    Prof reading? dont talk on the phone &type some one could get hurt!

MAXIMUS
    BBC502 to answer your question, I would say you probably got a piece of debrie in the pump or maybe some debrie wrapped around the impeller shaft. It takes very little to throw it out of balance. I got a piece of palm tree bark, that weighed almost nothing, caught in my jet & could not pass through the impeller. I thought I broke something it shook so bad! I would recommend checking your drive line (u joints bearings etc...)for wear or damage, just to be safe!