Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhoads Variable Duration Lifters???

LiquidJ
    Does anyone run Rhoads Variable Duration lifters in there mills. I am thinking about putting these in my 454 rebuild. Any feedback would be great.
    Thanks

MoparSanger
    I used the Crane ones, they are just like the Rhoads. The cam was 240/250@.050" on 110Âșlc. They will give you more idle Vacuum and less over lap. Worked good in my boat till the valve broke

AZKC
    Used them in cars before to help with vacuum issues and automatic cars that I did not want to run high stall convertors that had big cams.
    Not sure if you would need them in a boat unless you had a vacuum or idle problem/issue.
    Why do you think you need them?
    KC

XClutchboy725
    LiquidJ:
    Does anyone run Rhoads Variable Duration lifters in there mills. I am thinking about putting these in my 454 rebuild. Any feedback would be great.
    Thanks Post your cam specs! That will help.

Duane HTP
    They are a waste of money in a jet boat. Jet boats don't have an idle issue. They work nice in an I/O or a V-Drive where you need your idle low to shift into gear. Hell, let the cam bark at you. That's half the fun.

LiquidJ
    The main reason I was considering them is to keep the RPM's down at idle or low speeds. The "Law" up here were I boat has been cracking down on loud boats (I guess WI people don't understand loud fast boats) burningm . They like to hang out in no-wake zones, so I figured lower RPM's...quieter boat. So it is strictly a noise issue. Plus wanted to tone it down for the neighbors. Personally I like a loud, hard, slow idle that sounds like the engine is going to die at any time. Have not picked a cam yet so do not have specs. My builder is deciding on one this week.

Blown 472
    LiquidJ:
    The main reason I was considering them is to keep the RPM's down at idle or low speeds. The "Law" up here were I boat has been cracking down on loud boats (I guess WI people don't understand loud fast boats) burningm . They like to hang out in no-wake zones, so I figured lower RPM's...quieter boat. So it is strictly a noise issue. Plus wanted to tone it down for the neighbors. Personally I like a loud, hard, slow idle that sounds like the engine is going to die at any time. Have not picked a cam yet so do not have specs. My builder is deciding on one this week. mufflers

LiquidJ
    Hey Blown had a great time on Sat. Will be out there again this Sat. hope to see ya. I am going to try and muffler the pig, but my engine is so close to the transom, that I know I don't have room for in-line mufflers. If I can find something to put in the tips I will. Just thought the lower RPMs couldn't hurt.

Blown 472
    I will be there, no jello shots or beads thou, tha little man will be along, dont need to splain to mom bout that stuff.

Duane HTP
    Well, if you must have the Rhodes lifters, I have a brand new set still in the box for a 454 chevy. $50.00 will buy them. First come first serve.
    Duane HTP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast