Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardin Marine

Ian
    My Buddy just boat a 90 jetboat, it's called a Carribean Tahiti, and it was built by Hardin Marine. I think it has a 390hp 454, with a berkley pump and electric place diverter. Any of you guys know anything about these boats. YOu have any suggestion for making it go faster.

superV
    "BLOW IT"

rivercrazy
    That hull is very similar to Advantage's 20.5 Classic. I believe it has a 14 degree deadrise and performs very well. You should see close to 60mph with that combo assuming the motor is fresh and running up to its potential and the pump is in excellent shape.
    Since you have the 454Mag, it should have forged pistons, forged crank, and rectangle port heads. Its a pretty good building block for further performance enhancements.
    What is your goal with this rig?
    [ December 11, 2002, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: rivercrazy ]

My brother owns the same exact boat that you've got the thing is bullett proof' solid 70mph boat. Hardin rigged clean gell the thing handles beautifly the only thing that I would say that he needs is a diverter and a droop but I think that he'll be happy w/ the results!!

Ian
    The boat did 60.7 on GPS, which is what I expected. It already has a diverter, a wedge, and an after market grate. I told him to bolt a 144 blower on it. How fast do you think the hull can go safely. Seeing as how my blown flatty is dipping into the triple digits, I think it is unrealistic to think we will have any close races, but do you think in 80mph range is realistic.

rivercrazy
    80mph in that hull should not be a problem. If you do have the forged slugs and hard parts throughout and the internals are in really good shape, bolting that blower on should be do-able. Not sure if it will get you to 80 but it should wake her up.
    My guess is it will take about 525-550hp to see 70mph and about 700hp to see upper 70's to perhaps 80. Just my guess. I had a friend with a Advantage 20.5 with a stage2 pump rebuild and 525-550hp and he was running right at 70 in that boat.

jetfan
    Is it a 19' or a 20' Carribean. I have a 1989 19' Carribean, and it's been a great boat. Hardin made very well built boats, and mine has never let me down.

Ian
    it's a 19ft, the guy took it back to Hardin and had them turn it into an open bow. Looks bitchin'

Heatseeker
    Here's my 85 Caribbean.
    [img]http://http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats&image=1Mvc-007x.JPG&img=&tt=[/img]
    It has a 330 horse 454 w/JG Berkeley and a Place Diverter.
    It went from 65 mph with a single 4 to 70 mph with the addition of the 8-71 2x4 with no other mods. I ran it over a hundred hours this summer with the blower, without any problems whatsoever.
    It has a 330 horse 454 w/JG Berkeley and a Place Diverter.
    It went from 62 mph with a single 4 to 70 mph with the addition of the 8-71 2x4 with no other mods. I ran it over a hundred hours this summer with the blower, without any problems whatsoever.
    It's a good solid hull, although it does have a huge hook in it. That is the next mod on the list.
    Enjoy your Caribbean!
    [ December 14, 2002, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: Heatseeker ]

Heatseeker
    The above post got all f'd up. I was trying to get the damn pic to come up and correct the mph mistake. Somehow, after 4 tries it was still screwed up and no pic! I was at work and out of time. I hate it when that happens .
    here's the link:
    Blown Heatseeker
    The boat went from 62 to 70. It really has been a great trouble free boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast