Thanks guy`s....
In IHBA or NDBA we only have .000`s no .500`s
So if you run a 10.50 you better d-tune it and run 11.0`s because you`ll never win in the 10.000 class because most of the racer`s I`v seen can hit an 0?? on just about every pass.
As far as sandbagging like I`v said you can`t win by doing it unless your lucky because you cant feel .005 or even .500. I let out only if I`m out front because there`s no reason to run my motor that hard if I don't have too. That`s not sand bagging that saving $$$$$
I do the same thing in my race car and there`s no et bracket racing there , It`s all out smash the gas but If I`m out front I wont kill my motor on an easy win.
My Boat has ran some 11.`s but it hasn't ran a 11.100 yet so I just keep it in the 12`s until it can hit the number with in .100.
I`m far from sandbagging as I try to make it go faster every pass. You can ask SDBA I don't lift it I have a race on my hands but if I`m out front there`s no way in hell an I going to take a chance in popping my motor on a run that I`v already won. The only reason I lifted on the run that`s in the pictures is because I like living!!!
There was a new part installed on my boat last year and it never got tested before it got packed a way for winter. My racing org. went tit`s up this year, I wanted to race a few races somewhere so I packed up and went to Waco with out testing the new part. It was a chance to get the boat in the water and I wasn't going to pass it up. Well to make a long story short I shouldn't have tried to run with a full tune on the motor. I could have changed blower pulleys but I like to run full out and I wanted to see if it could fly. Well fly it did, up up and away we went. I made changes all day long getting better passes every run. I was the fastest boat in RR1 with my time being 11. something because I didn't sandbag, if I would have sandbagged I would have not been the fastest boat in the class. With that said being the fastest boat was not a good thing because it was a 12.0 class. I was the fastest brake out and that made me have to run the #1 boat that most likely ran a 12.0??
Would have been hard to beat this guy with out d tuning my boat. I wasn't fast enough to run in the 11.`s and too fast for the 12.`s
Call it what you want but I put 2.0 down in my ride plate and that should have slowed me back to the 12.0`s.
I don't call that sandbagging I call that d tuning the boat
I`m redesigning the bottom of the boat in hopes to see 10.0`s real soon, By no way do I want to just stay in the 12`s . I`m just like everyone else "I always want More" then "More" ect.
Like I`v said you cant win very many races sandbagging because you cant feel the clock by the seat of your pants! Just dosn`t happen!!
[ May 15, 2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Jet Hydro ]