Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Dyno Day at Westech Results

Jet Hydro
    Thanks guy`s....
    In IHBA or NDBA we only have .000`s no .500`s
    So if you run a 10.50 you better d-tune it and run 11.0`s because you`ll never win in the 10.000 class because most of the racer`s I`v seen can hit an 0?? on just about every pass.
    As far as sandbagging like I`v said you can`t win by doing it unless your lucky because you cant feel .005 or even .500. I let out only if I`m out front because there`s no reason to run my motor that hard if I don't have too. That`s not sand bagging that saving $$$$$
    I do the same thing in my race car and there`s no et bracket racing there , It`s all out smash the gas but If I`m out front I wont kill my motor on an easy win.
    My Boat has ran some 11.`s but it hasn't ran a 11.100 yet so I just keep it in the 12`s until it can hit the number with in .100.
    I`m far from sandbagging as I try to make it go faster every pass. You can ask SDBA I don't lift it I have a race on my hands but if I`m out front there`s no way in hell an I going to take a chance in popping my motor on a run that I`v already won. The only reason I lifted on the run that`s in the pictures is because I like living!!!
    There was a new part installed on my boat last year and it never got tested before it got packed a way for winter. My racing org. went tit`s up this year, I wanted to race a few races somewhere so I packed up and went to Waco with out testing the new part. It was a chance to get the boat in the water and I wasn't going to pass it up. Well to make a long story short I shouldn't have tried to run with a full tune on the motor. I could have changed blower pulleys but I like to run full out and I wanted to see if it could fly. Well fly it did, up up and away we went. I made changes all day long getting better passes every run. I was the fastest boat in RR1 with my time being 11. something because I didn't sandbag, if I would have sandbagged I would have not been the fastest boat in the class. With that said being the fastest boat was not a good thing because it was a 12.0 class. I was the fastest brake out and that made me have to run the #1 boat that most likely ran a 12.0??
    Would have been hard to beat this guy with out d tuning my boat. I wasn't fast enough to run in the 11.`s and too fast for the 12.`s
    Call it what you want but I put 2.0 down in my ride plate and that should have slowed me back to the 12.0`s.
    I don't call that sandbagging I call that d tuning the boat
    I`m redesigning the bottom of the boat in hopes to see 10.0`s real soon, By no way do I want to just stay in the 12`s . I`m just like everyone else "I always want More" then "More" ect.
    Like I`v said you cant win very many races sandbagging because you cant feel the clock by the seat of your pants! Just dosn`t happen!!
    [ May 15, 2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Jet Hydro ]

Infomaniac
    This topic got off a bit.
    Those dyno numbers have to equal serious speed.
    Were you able to get it going by the holiday weekend?

BrendellaJet
    Cyclone,
    inquiring minds want to know. How'd she run, which impeller are you using? Got any pics ?

HavasuBarney
    You guys really buying this?

Jordy
    I'm not even reaching for my wallet Barn...
    Although, I did get to drive Cyclone's boat on Sunday and all I can say is that thing is badass... Time to get mine running again as I'm over the I/O thing. I want some power and noise now.

Jordy
    RiverDave:
    Tired of the relatively smooth ride and sea of women in the front?
    RD I'll give you the ride thing, but you did notice who jumped in the jet boat didn't you?

Dave C
    Looks good.
    Who did the work on the heads and manifold?
    Thanks

Bahner18
    Steve & John at Westech group are my good friends and Ill tell you what, Carcraft mag. Hot Rod mag and Engine masters plus a ton of high end Builders use them because of the accuracy of the dyno and the profesional tuning of steve.

Infomaniac
    bump for first page of archive

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112