Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: progress...

Eric455
    angry?? I dont hate anyone, and never made any personal attacks, can I have a hug??
    i'll give you a hug.

bp
    cyclone oughtta just bring it to ming next weekend, run it in river racer, and see what it'll do. for 75 bux, you get flat water and several timeslips.

Eric455
    i wouldnt bring the boat out to havasu. their will be to much flat water for testing. elsinor is much better for testing.

cyclone
    well as most of you know, i'm not on the computer on the weekend so this had to wait until today.
    I spent Saturday at MPD having jack re-seal my transom adapter. Both of the times i've had the boat out i nearly sunk it because of a bad leak that i wasn't able to reseal.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_0266-med.JPG[/img] While i was there we added this little item to my boat....
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_0269-med.JPG[/img]
    On Sunday, i met Hal at a house on the south side of Elsinore and launched the boat. The water was pretty damn good. The droop helped out immensely and really got the boat loose. I ran it to 5,000 rpm and then noticed the motor was getting hot. Back on the trailer i adjusted the water pressure regulator and went out for another run. I ran out of water at 5,000 rpm and put her back on the trailer because the motor was up near 200 degrees. Tore apart the regulator to check and see if the screen was clogged and it wasn't. Turns out i ajusted the regulator the wrong way previously. Ok so i re-adjusted it and let the motor cool off. Back on the water, I took my friend Marcel for a ride and through some slight chop we went 5,400 rpm with lots of pedal left. At this point i'm still getting used to the droop and have been running the diverter in the neutral position. Hal has some problems with his boat and we hang out and help him. By now 930am, the water has turned to shit and we head over to the cove to meet up with some friends. My friend chris (the guy who bought my old boat) showed up and i took him for a ride. The speed zone looked like the ocean so i stuck to the outside of the lake. As i cruised over to the soutside of the lake i find some smooth water and get on it. We hit 5,800 rpm at about 3/4 throttle and the boat ran really good. And then i passed three cops. I cruised by slowly and as quiet as possible (no baffles or water running through the headers) and one of the cops followed me to the other end of the lake. I got rolled and recieved 200 bucks in citations for not having baffles and no launch permit. Quote of the day: cop- "Your first mistake was painting this boat like a red Ferrari and your second mistake was putting those headers on it!". He wasn't very nice. So he instructs me to get off the lake and i comply,running out of gas on the way back to the trailer. So all in all, it was good day. The boat ran spectacularly, even though i still haven't found the top end.
    Bense- Out of the hole the boat doesn't cavitate much and pops up on plane real quick. It takes about 3,000 rpm to get upon plane and if i hammer it out of the hole the motor will spin to 5,000 rpm, but by that time i'm already hauling ass so no i cant just mash the gas out of the hole to find out the top rpm of the motor.
    Here are a couple of pics from the day:
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_0270-med.JPG[/img]
    So to answer everyone's questions..no i dont have gps numbers yet because i didn't have a working gps on sunday. No i haven't been able to run it to max rpm. So far i've only hit 5,800 rpms.
    And that is with a Berk JG pump, Heritage Bronze B-cut impeller. (i think blown472 was asking for my rpm#)
    Yes i plan to run the river racer class at Lake Ming at the manufacturers cup in September. By then i should have enough seat time in the boat to get the setup dialed-in.
    And for those of you that think my dyno numbers are inflated, that is your right. I had nothing to gain by posting the numbers. I was merely trying to show that i got great results with minimal effort and investment. The bottom line is that heads and cam selection are crucial to making power. AFR makes an awesome set of heads and Comp makes a great cam that did in fact make a 240hp bump over the stock performance of my motor. Yes it is a pump gas 9.2:1 motor. Yes MikeF did change nothing but the top end parts in my garage and i have the pics to prove it. I'll keep on posting my progress on this thread but i'll leave the friendly debate over whether or not i'm full of shit to you guys. Sorry for the long post. have a good day!

Blown 472
    Very nice.
    Never said you were full of shit, and never meant for this thread to go that way, I equated the banter to sitting in a bar and talking shit. Some how it got away.

cyclone
    hey man its no big deal. i know what i've got and am extremely happy with it. you coming to OP6C?

wrightnow
    Hey cyclone,
    Heard you were at the lake and got stopped, always sorry to hear when that happends.
    But it sound like your ride is running great and should help back the dyno numbers. I look at this way, I dont care much about the numbers (hp, mph), what counts it when you line up and run. Your either fast or not, not much else counts.
    I order a droop from jack also, I need to go by this week and pick it up, but you could feel the differance with the droop?
    Still a great looking boat, I love the all white seats. See you this weekend.
    Mark

Blown 472
    cyclone:
    hey man its no big deal. i know what i've got and am extremely happy with it. you coming to OP6C? Nope, cant make it. frown

cyclone
    blown472- that's too bad. i'll pour one out for you then.
    wrightnow- thanks man. Yeah the droop worked really well on my boat. I couldn't believe it really. It drove like a completely different boat. Much looser and less wet. As a bonus, the roost is retarded looking now because it shoots up so high. At least compared to the way it used to be.

Blown 472
    cyclone:
    blown472- that's too bad. i'll pour one out for you then.
    wrightnow- thanks man. Yeah the droop worked really well on my boat. I couldn't believe it really. It drove like a completely different boat. Much looser and less wet. As a bonus, the roost is retarded looking now because it shoots up so high. At least compared to the way it used to be. Thanks.
    I have never seen a boat with a droop, but it looks like it puts the water down below the boat line, why then does the roost go up??

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425