Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: progress...

Bense468
    Nice mike. I would change the oil and filter at least twice, just to make sure. You would not want all that hard work to go to waste. What kind of Rpms were you spinning before the gear broke?
    By the way the boat looks bitchen. You guys do nice work.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
    Lake smellsomemore sunday? I want to go. Do you have problems with open headers and spark aresstors? Do they check?

HBjet
    CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE:
    Lake smellsomemore sunday? I want to go. Do you have problems with open headers and spark aresstors? Do they check? I can bring my mufflers but all you need them!
    I've ran there without and all I did was installed the bolt that holds the mufflers in, but I forgot the mufflers. As for the arrestor, just don't take off your scoop cover until you launch.
    I'll be with Cyclone with the digital camera and video camera. If you want to come out and get some photos/video of your boat, then meet us there.
    HBjet

Hal
    Thats a good looking boat Mike. What time you thinking of being on the lake?

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
    sounds good what ramp? What time?What size hole for the mufflers? Do they slip in and bolt to the headers? Does the water get real choppy?

Blown 472
    cyclone:
    infomaniac- the motor spins a stage II-plus MPD blueprinted bronze B impeller. The pump is a blueprinted berkeley JG with an MPD loader and shoe and a billet ride plate that riverdave and i machined. What rpm were you turning?

cyclone
    Bense- thanks i did just that.
    Hal-
    Ok i got the new distributor gear in this morning and reset the timing. I'll be there by 8am on sunday at the Elsinore West launch ramp.
    CP- i think you'll need a 5/16-inch hole in the collectors to run a bolt through for the mufflers.
    Definately bring your mufflers if you have them. At 8am you might get on the lake without them if the launch ramp guy isn't working yet, but why chance it by not bringing them.
    472-
    We were spinning 5,00 rpm when the motor lunched the gear. I have yet to try and holeshot the boat or run wide open for more than a few seconds. Sunday will be the day for that though.

Blown 472
    You trying one of those new carbon gear thangs??

cyclone
    yeah the people at Comp says that it'll last longer than a bronze gear. Steve Brule says he's got a friend that's been running one for 1.5 seasons with zero problems so it looks promising.

Bense468
    what Impellar are you running?

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast