Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sidewinder Hull I.D. help with more info

sidewound
    http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/sh...papass=&sort=1
    Hey everybody,
    I'm back with more info. The boat is a 72 18 footer with a 455 and a 12jc. The motor is out of the builders this week and it was 15 degrees today.Wisecracks about how warm it is where you are always appreciated. Anyway.It has tags on each side saying "SIDEWINDER Palo Alto" I'm wondering about a model name. I got some info on my last post but am trying to nail it down.
    WHATDAHECKIZIT
    Thanks Sidewound
    [ December 02, 2002, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: sidewound ]

hack job
    this might help!
    [ December 02, 2002, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: hack job ]

sidewound
    Thanks Hack,
    Hey I know it's ugly now but if I ever figure this photo thing out I'll show everyone my progress. The motor is done this week and is in the mid 400 H.P. range. Nothin too radicall and will run on GOOD pumpgas. 9.5 to 1. At least they say this week. Peace on you all and thanks to all who have and are giving advice and help. May your boat squirt and you not have the squirts. (Flu season in Gods country here ya know).
    Sidewound

wyldweazel
    Oh my god, I can answer a question. I know what your boat is. I have one. It is a Taylor Sidewinder. Ha! My boats uglier though. And my trailer is uglier too. hehehe. It looks like the windshield is missing. If I can remember how, I will post a pic of my boat. Check out www.taylorjetboats.com

wyldweazel
    here's a pic of my boat. Sorry about the size. As you can see I have my work cut out for me. [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/P10100031.JPG[/img]

bmff
    Sidewound,Thanks for your reply last week. I have the same hull as yours--no hull# and no model. When I found it the original gel was still intact and there were no signs of decals,etc. Only the metal Palo Alto plates. If you havent already,check out WWW.teshio.com/JetBoat . Look in Marlin,Sidewinder, Tahiti and Taylor. There is also a Wriedt and possibly other splashes but no pics on this site.

Old Guy
    Does it look anything like this.

old

sidewound
    Hey Old it looks exactly like that, same paint even.

Old Guy
    sidewound:
    Hey Old it looks exactly like that, same paint even. That paint is gel coat. Did it myself. Never again. Sold boat w/junk 455 and trailer to nephew for $500. He and his girl friend are havin a ball with it.
    Oh, that's me and my grandson after a near 80mph ride. I think he messed his pants.
    old

sidewound
    Hey Old Man,
    I've been told it may be a Taylor. Any thoughts on that? What was yours? Mines a 72.
    Thanks man. PEACE MAN
    Sidewound

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast