Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two Questions:

timitunnel
    I just sit in the seat and make motor noises. The more alcohal I add the louder the motor gets. On the plus side, my nabors leave me alone.

WetNwild
    I dont understand. If you put a T line between the pump and the engine, wont the pump be trying to pump the water out of the pump through the hole you are trying to run it into, to wet the pump. How can the pump take water in through the hole it is trying to pump water out. Is the gate valve the water line shut off (like in my water foucite) in-between the engine and the pump. New to the bord and lerning so much.

riodog
    Are you guys for real? This conversation is so boring I'd rather listen to killer-whats-his-ass yapping about good ole' crouch-rot! Put the damn "T" in the line and turn on the damn hose about half. God, next I'm gonna have to hear about puttin oil in the bowl in sunny so. cal. Please, don't start!
    Riodog

wsm9808
    the line coming out of the pump to feed the engine cooling water is just a hole that goes into the front of the bowl area. When the motor is running in the water, the pump is "loaded" with a solid block of water against the impeller eye and the pump builds pressure in the bowl because there is no air in the bowl, and the pressurized water goes through the bleed hole and to the motor. When you run it on the trailer. the water you supply the pump through the engine cooling hose(or any other way) is in too small amount to presserize the bowl and has too much air mixed in with it, so it just splashs around in the pump and lubes/cools things and the excess just runs out the nozzel. so, you CAN bottle feed your pump through the engine hose. All you are trying to do is get some water in your pump, it doesnt matter if you stick a hose in the intake, the nozzel or use a T or all three, just get some water flowing in it.
    [This message has been edited by wsm9808 (edited May 15, 2002).]

AGGRESSOR JETS
    Originally posted by old rigger:
    Bense468
    Sometimes I'd get lonely, drag the boat out, hook it up to the hose, light the motor, grab a beer or 2, and pretend I was on the water. A big fan helps to, gives a sensation of speed. Probably more than I ever got on the water!!!!!!
    Hate to admit it, but I've even run out of gas doing this. If you ever need a spotter, Give me a Call. Ive got a new Shady Brady- I need to get river ready and a five gallon gas can- Man Ive been there- Dave

Dave,
    could have used your help last time. I must have had a few to many cool ones, was getting kinda hot, thought I'd cool off by taking a dip, broke my nose on the driveway. Kids all got a laugh out of it, wife went back inside, embarresed. Thank God I had my life jacket on. Injuries could have been much worse.
    Boat ran good that day, went undefeated in ALL river races.
    [This message has been edited by old rigger (edited May 16, 2002).]

Bense468
    Originally posted by old rigger:
    Dave,
    could have used your help last time. I must have had a few to many cool ones, was getting kinda hot, thought I'd cool off by taking a dip, broke my nose on the driveway. Kids all got a laugh out of it, wife went back inside, embarresed. Thank God I had my life jacket on. Injuries could have been much worse.
    Boat ran good that day, went undefeated in ALL river races.
    [This message has been edited by old rigger (edited May 16, 2002).]
    Oh god I am laughing because I have been there. I think all of us at one time or another when our boats were down pretended we were racing in the drive way. My roommate and I have both of our boats in the driveway side by side. His is a flat and we pretended we were going at it. People thought we were nuts. Making noises with your mouth.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123