Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Does havasu Discriminate against NON-WHITES

Boatcop
    I think boatcop's wife is in the med field. Maybe she has some contacts?
    She does.
    Miguel,
    What's Yvonne's "specialty". Nurse-Med Assist. Coding/billing/administration, etc.
    Maybe we can steer her in the right direction.
    If she doesn't have one of those Tribal ID cards, there probably isn't anything in the medical support field at Kathy's facility, although they do hire anyone qualified for nursing and other technical spots. Matter of fact there's openings in nursing right now. A RN at 60Gs a year (Community Health Nurse.)
    But Kathy was in the Private sector for 13 years, and has a few constituents. Let me know.

Second "PLACE"
    Maybe they feel she is a little too "high profile" for their liking, being that her pics are continualy posted here on the boards.

Kilrtoy
    She started in plastic , but specialized in L and D, even more specific C-sections
    She is a Surgical Tech

Boatcop
    Nothing at the Indian facility. They ship out all their surgeries. But La Paz Regional may have something.
    With the demographics in the Parker area, there won't be any appearance of "discrimination" against minorities. If there was. there wouldn't be anyone working there.
    Edited...Scratch that. No OB work done at La Paz either. (I had to ask the wife what L & D stood for.)
    Try directly to the Doctors. Dr. Russo or Dr. Nelson. No relation, although he did deliver my son 25 years ago, and my granddaughter 12 years ago.

Havasu_Dreamin
    nowhere does it state what she was making prior
    Right, but her resume will show So. Cal as her most recent place of employment and therefore they can have a 'general' idea about what her wages are/were. Not saying it is right, because it is not.

bigkatboat
    The problem is the pay scale. Can you afford to make 1/5th of what you are making now? This town is still back in the 1970's as far as pay goes. The business owners here are "old timers" and they are very protective of their positions. Many have little education, others are just very tight. You may come into the LHPD and find out that you could qualify to be chief next week. Your wife may find out the same thing in her line of work. BUT!!!! The (backward, for lack of better term) people here, tend to go for the LOW PAYING DEAD HEAD PEOPLE! Then they complain to the local paper. They advertize in the local paper, BUT, they NEVER OFFER REALISTIC PAY!!! Own your own business, or die! Good luck!

Havasu_Dreamin
    tend to go for the LOW PAYING DEAD HEAD PEOPLE!
    Hence the flakes in the construction industry.

CARRERA
    I have NEVER been treated different nor has the wife.
    Now lets SAY,
    You are looking for a job, Does this change anything......
    It all depends on the type of job you are looking for.

KLEPTOW
    Have her dye her hair blonde and go back, bet she has a completely different response.

RiverToysJas
    If "the man" can't keep someone down in Az.......what's left??? :jawdrop:
    I'M KIDDING http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sp...ilie/clown.gif .......Come on.....poor taste, off-color jokes are what the "off-season" on Hot Boat is all about!!!
    RTJas http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sp...psrsealed2.gif

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast