Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ski rope. How long?

JetBoatN
    I bought a tube to tow behind my boat and was wondering if the standard 60' ski rope would be too short with the jet. Is 60' ok or should I buy two ropes and tie them together?
    Thanks
    (How long is your rope!)

Danhercules
    if you have a diverter you will need bout 300' smile_sp

Taylorman
    60 is fine. I pull two tubes behind mine and 60 ft is fine unless you plan on killing them with the diverter.

JetBoatN
    I wish I had a diverter. I'm starting to feel left out!
    Thanks for the reply

SB
    When you ski with a 75' line, is the turbulence bad? If so, you can go with 100'. You might or might not notice this in a tube. An extremely long rope on a tube might be a little more dangerous with the tube whipping around out of control.

JetBoatN
    I've never pulled a tube or a skier with this boat so I'm not sure about the turbulence. I'll just try the 60' and see how it works. Besides, it won't be me back there. I don't trust my friends driving especially if I'm being towed!

Chris J
    Adjust you diverter to the Mist setting and you'll be fine.
    Seriously I'd stick with the 60ft rope. If you go too long you'll sling shot your tubber at unsafe speeds when you make a turns. Standard rope works fine with my boat.
    One more thing, When taking people tubing try not to spray a rooster before they get out of the boat. For some reason after they see the rooter they no longer want to go tubing.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/679mist-med.JPG[/img]

Omega21
    That could be a good thing if you use it correctly. Take out a jet ski with your diverter & you will have a boat load of people that will stay far far away from your boat if they ever decided to get on one. :-)
    Todd

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    definitely make sure your diverter is down. And make sure you get a rope designed for tubes. They are more elastic and make the attitude of the tube much better. Here is a pic of a tube behind my boat with a 60' rope. notice no rooster.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523TUBE3-med.jpg[/img]
    Omega

Don't know if it's the problem back East that it is here, but a 100' rope would clothesline 2, maybe 3 PWC'ers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast