Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyno'd my new motor at Westech today

ChetCapoli
    novaguy:
    Did it meet or go beyond your expectations? I'm sure it went well beyond....and so did the pricetag too ! HB's got it though right buddy?
    CHET

Johnwithjm
    Gee I guess my over 800 number are fake also. Oh yeah mine is a pump gas deal also
    [ June 18, 2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Johnwithjm ]

Jake W
    Look what you did HBjet you woke up Chet agine. argue
    Let the bickering begine.Jake

Duke
    im getting popcorn, this will be a long one...
    oh and, it looks good, nice numbers too
    [ June 18, 2003, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Duke ]

Hotcrusader76
    Nice looking motor Randy. Your motor looks almost identical to mine, minus a few horsepower of course.
    Very impressive numbers BTW for pump gas. Thank god for roller cams.
    ~Ty

MikeC
    WOW! Nice job DNE & HB, but I think what Chet is saying is, cast iron heads and a "FRAM" oil filter!!! Oh yea, what is that thick white spacer under your carbs? Is that one of Jet Stoodely's new styrafome dealies?
    See you on the river!
    MikeC

congratulations hb. Everything looks great! It was well worth the wait, your gonna have a good summer it looks like.

hack job
    iam with mike c spend the money and get a better oil filter. the motor looks good!!!! and those numbers are great so you will be looking to run a 100 then! wink

HBjet
    Thanks everyone! That oil filter was only used for a few runs. When we changed the headers to my headers, we also changed the oil filter to a K&N one and the oil. I just happen to take the photos in between the process.
    That spacer is plastic (I don't remember what kind, but I'll find out for you) and the reason for having a 1" plenium spacer is because those Edlebrock tunnel rams have a very short plenium area compared to a Dart.
    Hey John, maybe I'll stop by tomorrow if I have the time, we'll see.
    Novaguy, Dave was shooting for just over 700hp, and Jack estimated 725hp. So it did what we wanted, and it did go beyond my expectations.
    ChetCapoli.... How did I know you would be posting on this tread. Do me a favor, and let just keep this civil between us. Since you know so much about engine building, and could probably teach Dave at DNE who has been doing this for over 20 years a few things. Please explain why 700+hp is not possible (unless your in California)
    Chet, since your motor makes 701hp and your boat runs 87mph, do you think I will get to 89mph with 732hp?
    Thanks everyone! I'm pretty happy about this deal, and it didn't break the bank either, I just saved my pennies for a while....
    HBjet

HBjet
    hack job:
    so you will be looking to run a 100 then! wink It sure looks that way!
    Thanks Tyson!
    HBjet

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast