Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Dyno'd my new motor at Westech today

Blown 472
    cyclone:
    RWUB or no RWUB i'll be on the water running my boat. If you feel the need to bring someone else's boat just to find out what i've already told you about mine, then go get some. Otherwise, i'm over this whole debacle. Play on player! I would not bring another persons boat, I just think it funny when a v drive with a 427 shows up and hands you your ass.
    Player?? I dont like sports.

Ian
    I"m more that sure that with the proper setup, Randy will hit 95mph easily and hand most everyone here their asses on the lake. I'll play ! J/K honestly both you guys got some sweet lake boats and if we're ever at the lake together I'd love to go for a ride. I've never been in a fast jet

DogHouse
    OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
    all I'm trying to say is a 7.43cr 350 will not make 327 hp the same way a pump gas normally aspirated big block will not make 700+. Sorry I just don't buy it.
    Omega My normally aspirated pump gas big block made 770 hp last year, on a non-Westec dyno. Also made 760 ft-lbs. Makes more this year with a new combo. Makes a 4000 lb cat run well into the 90s, maybe more if I ever get the right prop on there.
    OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
    that's because there are alot of dumbasses out there that believe in these huge numbers. I don't buy it though. And I personally feel sorry for anyone that thinks they can get outragous numbers on normally aspirated pump gas engines.
    Omega Let's see, my same boat with a stock 500 hp Merc motor will run about 75 mph on a good day. My boat runs at least 20 better. That takes power, and lots of it. Guess I'm a dumass. Sounds like you've got it all figured out.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    My normally aspirated pump gas big block made 770 hp last year, on a non-Westec dyno. Also made 760 ft-lbs. Makes more this year with a new combo. Makes a 4000 lb cat run well into the 90s, maybe more if I ever get the right prop on there.
    You didn't mention how many cubic inches your engine displaces. I'm guessing a little more than 500. Is it carburated or fuel injected?
    Omega

wrightnow
    Sorry Wendy I didn't get any pic of you driving. I had already taken 30 or so pic (at least seem like it.. lol) of Mike racing back and forth and just thought it was him again until it was to late.
    But it was good see you again, sorry we didn't get a change to chat more, but you know how it goes when the boys start talking boat talk (how did you make up those dyno#'s lol).
    I'm still trying to find you guy a place to stay for the 4th, so far it's been no problem for you, Crystal and Lisa, but know one has step up for randy or mike yet.

DogHouse
    OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
    You didn't mention how many cubic inches your engine displaces. I'm guessing a little more than 500. Is it carburated or fuel injected?
    Omega Last year was a carbed 588 with a moderate roller cam. Made peak power at 5700, peak torque at 4700. Smaller motor with similar cam and heads will not lose much hp but will lose significant torque and will move the power curve up in rpm. Cyclone's motor made only 30ish hp less, but something like 100 ft-lbs less, all at higher rpm than mine. Randy's was similar. I think it's consistent data and in the realm of possibility.
    This year's combo is a 598 and will soon be injected and dyno'd again... I'll be sure to post the numbers so everyone can tell me I'm full of sh!t too!

565edge
    Hey doghouse how does your buddies 21' edge run,ive seen some pics but how does it perform?What heads did you end up with?

THOR
    HBjet:
    wrightnow:
    so come on, help me here what am I missing? A bimini top and a bow light for that CP of yours
    HBjet Easy on the boats with bow lights and biminis. I can suck down many beers under my bimini and stay til it gets dark because I have a bow light. So back off.

HBjet
    Hey man, I'm on your team! I have a bow light and a bimini top too!
    HBjet

mickeyfinn
    Excuse me but this sounds like BULLSHIT 101!!
    Who cares how much HP HB's engine builds. If you don't believe the numbers then don't believe them. The comment take it to the drags??...How about take it to the river!! (last time I checked this is a ***boat website) If HB has an engine that runs the way he likes and he feels like he got his money's worth isn't that all that matters. Seems to me that questioning whether or not a Dyno gives real numbers is like questioning someone as to whether or not they have a hammer......after they have hit you in the head with it. Personally I hope the engine builds every bit of the horsepower the dyno indicated and that it last for 20 seasons. Oh well.....sometimes you just get tired of everyone finding any excuse to talk down about anyone but themselves. Now that I have said my piece I have work to do on my 402 that will be putting out a whoppin 300 or 325 HP when finished. (I thought that was a lot till I started hanging out here)

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425