Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project pics engine compartment done FINALLY

sidewound
    I didn't make it in on the engine compartment thread cause I didn't get mine done till now. It's really small in my Sidewinder and I got a lotta crap to stuff in there.
    Here's what I started with.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/114DIRT-med.jpg[/img]
    Here it is with new battery box and my hydraulic pump installed. Lemme know what ya think. It's aluminum. No I wont ever do it again.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/114MyEngineCompartment013-med.jpg[/img]
    Here's another one.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/114My_Engine_Compartment_004-med.jpg[/img]
    It took more time than I thought but was somthing I wanted. My impeller and shaft leave for H.T.P. tomorrow and the rebuild kit comes back with it. My motors done sitting waiting so I have things well on track.
    I'm looking at the middle of June. Since I live in N. Iowa that's still early. LOL!!!!
    Thanks for any input.
    Peace Man
    Cesar

sidewound
    Infoman---You were right I never should have washed it.
    Peace Man
    CESAR

hack job
    looks good ! keep up the work. wink

Infomaniac
    Looks Great.
    I was wrong.

AZKC
    Worth the effort, but it does get time consuming doesn't it. Great improvement
    KC

Hermosa
    Back in Iowa, we used to call that silver / aluminun color "Hollander Chrome in a can". We had a lot of Dutch around, and they used to paint the rear ends of their cars that color, and put red and blue marker lights on the rear bell housing... and jack the rear end up in the air.... yes, that was in the 1980's. I think I was they only guy who had my ride low...

sidewound
    Hey Hollander,
    It's not paint. It's thin gauge textured aluminum.
    Peace Man
    CESAR

Hermosa
    Fancy I must say.

sidewound:
    Hey Hollander,
    Peace Man
    CESAR I gotta ask... how did you seal it so water (and other assorted vile liquids) don't get between the aluminum and the hull/stringers and corrode?

sidewound
    roostwear:
    sidewound:
    Hey Hollander,
    Peace Man
    CESAR I gotta ask... how did you seal it so water (and other assorted vile liquids) don't get between the aluminum and the hull/stringers and corrode? I had to smooth the surface irregularities with a sanding pad on my grinder. And I used my diegrinder. Then prebent and fit the aluminum. Then a smooth coat of an industrial silicone (wearcon)on everything Then fitted in the aluminun usin clamps at areas where I could get them. To seal the edges all around I used a silver silicone desighned for sealing seams in the aluminum. Suppesed to be good for twenty years. The boats 32 yrs. old now so if it holds up for another 20, I'll be happy.
    Peace Man
    CESAR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast