Thread: Looking for Cyclone

I started a thread in v-drives looking for info on air bagging a trailer. Heard that Cylcone may have some info.
    I've got a system pretty much worked out. I am looking for someone who has build one to bounch the design off of.
    Morg.

cyclone
    Morg,
    My trailer is complete and works great. I'll have it out at the Classic Boat Beach Bash in two weeks if anyone wants to check it out. My buddy designed a complete bolt on system and is going to start manufacturing them for anyone that wants it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cyclone,
    Do you have any pic's of your application.
    Simply put. I was planning on replacing the spring with a solid barr attached to the shackle on one end then mounting an air bag on the opposite side. Then using a pannard bar to keep it all straight.
    I am mostly concerned with the control system. I would prefer to have the selenoids, Compresser & air tank on the truck then attach a single air line to the trailer using quick connects. I'm wondering if this would work or do I need to isolate each bag. & do I need to run shocks?
    Any info. or pic's you could send would be great.
    To save the hasle I may look into your buddy's system. It's essentially a dual axel competitive trailer for a 18' flat.
    Thank's
    Morg

cyclone
    Morg,
    Essentially that is the system we are using. You will definately need shocks. There is no getting around that aspect. In our kit, the shocks are mounted to the outside of the frame rails with a screw in stud and the bottom end of the shocks bolts to the link bars for the air bags. I have the solenoids mounted on my trailer and the air tank and compressor mounted on my truck, but you can put everything on the truck. A dual needle gauge mounted in the dash of my truck tells me how much air is in the 'bags and the compressor so I can keep tabs on the ride height. The quick disconnects will keep the air in the system when its disconnected fromt the truck. There used to be pics of my trailer in the media center but that was prior to someone hitting my trailer. The old setup i had was a weld on type bag system. The new setup will bolt onto any trailer, be it a single or double axle setup. The ride quality is awesome and you won't bottom the trailer out on any driveways. Plus, you can drop the trailer down to launch and retrieve your boat which makes life a bit easier on the launch ramp. If i get a chance, I'll shoot pics of it next week and try to post them here. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cyclone,
    I appreciate the information. I will be getting started on the project this next spring. I will bug you again then. By the way, the trailer I am using is brand new. I dropped the motor in for the first time last night, the springs actually sagged a little. It seems on the new trailers they are finnaly using a lighter spring.
    I am still planing on doing he air bags.
    Looking forward to seing the pic's
    John

cyclone
    Morg,
    most all trailers have a little bit of sag in them to keep them from bouncing down the road any more than they already do. Shocks and air bags cure that easily though. Anytime you've got a question don't hesitate to ask.

Cyclone,
    This new trailer is softer than the 1976 model I just sold. I believe most of the stress my old boat showed was from the trailer.
    I really appreciate the help with the air system.
    Thanks
    John