Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rogers, then and now.

victorfb
    does anyone know if Rogers is still in buisness. i think they were in bellflower or long beach. i have allways loved their bonnevilles and was wondering if they still or someone still has the molds. i wouldnt be able to afford a new hull but my buddy who has a 78 19 bonneville might get a wild hair up his ars and sell me his if he can get a new one.
    ive posted on a differant thread about CP hulls and am now torn between the two. has anyone owned both and have a comparison?

cyclone
    Roger Weiman retired to lake havasu a couple of years ago. He sold the molds to a guy in so.cal who hasn't done anything with them. I think Oldrigger told me that Roger tried to build some new boats for his friends from the molds but that the guy who owns the molds is being a jerk and won't let him do anything with them. If you like the 18' Bonneville then you can get a new one from Advantage Boats. Their 18 is identical to Rogers 18'.
    Their are used 19's around you just have to look hard to find them.

victorfb
    thanks cyclone. thats basically what ive heard, but wanted to make sure.
    yea, the 19's are out there, but hard to find, especially for a decent price.
    i really liked the way yours handled. you have the 18' right? were all the years about the same? i would imagine so if the molds were the same. and i wouldnt think rogers would start getting sloppy on the quality.

cyclone
    I have the 19' Bonneville TR. the easiest way to tell the 18 and 19's apart is to look at the transom. The 19' has dropped chines that come down like a tunnel boat and are perfectly square at the bottom. The 18' footer's chines are more angular like most other v-bottoms. the 19 also has a larger cockpit than the 18.

victorfb:
    does anyone know if Rogers is still in buisness. i think they were in bellflower or long beach. i have allways loved their bonnevilles and was wondering if they still or someone still has the molds. i wouldnt be able to afford a new hull but my buddy who has a 78 19 bonneville might get a wild hair up his ars and sell me his if he can get a new one.
    ive posted on a differant thread about CP hulls and am now torn between the two. has anyone owned both and have a comparison? Victor,
    well, you picked probably the 2 finest jets ever made to pick between.
    Thought you might be interested in knowing that Bill Scotten was Rogers rigger (about 10 years before I worked for him) and raced for Roger before he went out on his own with the PCs.

dgie
    It seems that a lot of the original jet boat makers are out of business and some have cropped up to keep up with demand. Jet boats are awsome looking, and make people who have never seen one say they want one. I just do not understand why they are not in production still, like they used to be. Someone told me before, but I am not sure if it is true. He said that they are not in production like they used to be because of all the accidents that have happened on the lakes and rivers with them. I do not know if this is true, I was thinking it is because of the gas prices, but there are a lot of V-8's out there even now....Just do not understand why they lost there popularity. The boat I have was made here in Bowie Texas, but the company went out of business back in the 70's not sure why

victorfb
    old rigger.
    yea i remember reading something like that when i was researching the tahiti (thats what i own now) and saw all the posts you entered. man i was glued to the screen. i love all them stories. (the resin spill got me big time)
    i think we need to make a jet boat hall of fame and put you in it. i can listen to hot boat gurus like yourself all damn day. i used to work a few bays down from a shop called turbo automotive in torrance calif. early 80's. they used to get all kinds of nice boats in that place and every once in a while id talk to a guy named steve ulrich and i think another guy last name bothswell. not totally sure about that one. but they had some knowlegde. way cool. then in 84/85 i worked for a guy named dennis Polachia ( read in hot boat mag they used to call him "the godfather"). his son "nino" and i used to race three wheelers (moto cross style)and dennis opened up a shop called "trike". id see some cool pics of his boat racing days on the walls, but we never got to talk much about it. damn what an opportunity lost. UUURRRGGGG!!!
    anyhow, thanks for the info, not only on this thread but all of em. way cool man...
    and as for the two hulls..... id get a permanant woody if i can get ahold of either one of em.
    ive got a 502 crate motor just waitin for a nice hull.

victorfb
    thanks cyclone, i knew i could count on ya for some cool info. i definatly prefer the 19. and after riding in yours ....... well lets just say i dont need the playboy mags anymore. that boat is awsome. you did a damn fine job riggin that thing. your planning on going to the CBBB at avi right? ive GOT to see that thing run again.

cyclone
    Victor- ill be at CBBB so you can definately have another ride in it if ya like.
    Oldrigger- thanks for the props!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast