Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rogers, then and now.

Danhercules
    Hey Cyclone.........Wanna run that thing!!!!!!
    Just a inside joke for Vic,
    i will run with you if you keep it under 4k RPM's
    LOL

victorfb
    dan.... cyclone is still faster at 4K RPM than yours.(and mine). not knockin your boat man, its just that i was watchin cyclones tach and i was amazed.

victorfb
    damn cyclone, thats so cool of you to offer. and im sure ill take you up on it. but since ive been fortunate enough allready, id really like my girlfriend to get a chance.(she's comin out saturday night) so if you dont mind and the opportunity arives, i would highly appreciate it. and ill pich in a few bucks for fuel.
    i am so looking forward to the cbbb and all the cool boats and fun times im sure we will all have.

victorfb
    old rigger...
    sorry about the morning coffee deal.
    yea, there are alot of poeple that are definatly deserving to be in that hall of fame. but the way i look at it, not just drivers are heros, a race boat can only go as well as it was built. any boat for that matter. i feel the knowledge of the sport and the commitment is overwelmingly deserving.
    there are so many motor builders, crew chiefs, boat builders, and of course riggers, and so many more im sure that are unrecognized as gurus.
    rogers and scotten both are definatly very deserving to be on the list of many, but dont sell yourself short man. i wish i had just a smidjin of the knowledge and experiences that you seem to have. i hold that in high respect.
    what gets me is when i see a bitchin boat or a cool dune buggy and ask the owner/driver about the boat/buggy, they come back with..."i payed $45K for it" and know nothing on how it was built, and with what parts. or pride for that matter.

victorfb
    oh yea, and i agree with ya on much rather seeing an older classic restored. mike did an awsome job with cyclone.
    i couldnt afford a new Hallet or Schiada either. hell i cant afford an old classic, but im gunna find a way you can count on that. in the mean time, im gunna enjoy seeing all the guys like mike with cyclone building and restoring these way way way cool boats.
    i also agree with your hunch of there being a sleeping market for these old classics to be rereleased. i am definatly looking forward to the possability.

dgie
    vic I am looking forward to a resurgence in jet boats out there also,,,they are way too cool to be shelved as history. Good post Old Rigger.
    [ July 29, 2003, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: dgie ]

victorfb
    oh yea. if i had the knowledge and the cash id make it a reality. would be so cool to get to build em, but even to just have em built again would be awsome.
    by the way old rigger, it was only steve ulrich at turbo automotive/marine. had to do the auto thing too for more buisness. bothwell had another shop. think he still does. basically a motor builder though.

cyclone
    dan- ok ill keep it under 4 grand i promise.
    vic- your going to make me ego so big that my dome wont fit in my helmet. Seriously, your girl is welcome to take a ride too. Dont sweat the fuel bill, youll just have to take me for a ride in your boat.

victorfb
    mike---
    Thanks man, your all right. she will love it im sure. and if you really want a ride in mine, dude, any time! not sure why youd want to but your more than welcome. atleast the noise level is way down. hence the singer jokes. hahaha damn thing sounds like a sewing machine.
    and everyone likes a little ego boost now and then, but dude, you deserve it. i have respect for the guys (and girls) that dont just slap their stuff together and run it. you obviously did your research, took your time and put together a very nice boat. and i feel that for all the hard work and money spent that it needs to be recongnized.

cyclone
    my goal is to go for a ride in every classic jet boat ever built before i die. i want to know what each one runs like. don't ask why, i guess i'm just weird that way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast